Sixteen

Jayden Paterson

"You're too much Jayden. I'm not doing this just because of sex! Damn it! If I want sex, I could just ask any man on the street and sleep with me. I also have the money! But no! I'm doing this because I love you! I love you!" she said as tears fell down her cheeks. Her eyes are full of sadness. Then I suddenly felt a pang of pain as I realized that I was the one who made her cry.

"You know what, maybe they're right. I loved the wrong man," she said before running outside my office.

I looked up and heaved a deep sigh. That wasn't the scene I imagined to happen. I calmed myself down and walks towards my swivel chair. I wasn't able to control my anger and annoyance to her a while ago causing me to hurt her. That's not what I want to do to her at all. I want her to stop whatever she's doing but not to the point that I'll hurt her.

I again heaved a deep sigh and focused on my work. But even if I try to concentrate, her face while she's crying bothers me. Why would I be bothered? That's what I want.

I looked at my wrist watch, it's still past twelve. My next meeting would be at two until four. I still need to stay in this office for more than an hour. I leaned on my swivel chair and closed my eyes. I just need to relaxed and wait for the time to strike two.

When the clock finally strikes two, I fix all my things. I took the folder I needed and headed outside my office. I didn't see Alexa when I passed by her desk. It's only Jane who is busy with her work that I saw.

I immediately climbed inside my car and drive off the street. I immediately reach my destination. The guard instantly greeted me when I stepped inside the building.
I walked towards the reception area and asked where Mr. Cheng's office is located. When I got the information, I went straight towards the elevator and waited for almost five minutes before I finally rides in it.

"Good afternoon Mr. Paterson, Mr. Cheng has been waiting for you," says his secretary. She looked at me with lust. I silently smirked. That's my affect to every woman that meets me. But this secretary of Mr. Cheng is not my type.

She ushered me inside Mr. Cheng's office. "Mr. Paterson!" says Mr. Cheng as soon as I stepped inside his office. He gives a nod to his secretary and she immediately leaves the office.

"I'm glad to have finally meet you. I only talk to your secretary and I must say that you trained your employees a lot. Is she the precious gem that attracts positivity for your company?" he said as he shows his white teeth.

"Maybe, maybe not," I simply replied.

"Ah, if that woman is tired of being your secretary, I'll take her," he said. I was a little annoyed by how he is amazed by Alexa.

"Are we here to talk about the project or we will just talk about my secretary?" I asked that made him nod. He apologized to me and walks towards his chair. He motioned me to sit on the chair across him.

"Did your secretary discuss things to you?" he asked.

"What things? Have you already discussed things to her?" I curiously asked to which he nodded.

"I'll try to talk to her after this," I replied.

"Good then. I'll go straight to the point," says Mr. Cheng and started discussing about the project he is planning to put up. And I did make lots of revisions because some of the things are not in detail. It took us almost four hours before we finally settled everything. This is not what I expected to happen.

"I'll call your attention once something is to be changed," Mr. Cheng said to which I nodded.

I glance at my wrist watch and bids goodbye to him. His secretary tried to flirt with me when I passed by her but I just ignored her and just went on my way.

I slide inside my car and drive off the busy street. I reach out for my phone and dialed Trent's number. He immediately answered it. "Dude!" he said.

"Busy?"

"Nope. With Bryan," he answered. I can hear a music on his background.

"Where?"

"My office, discussing something," he answered.

"I'll meet you in the club," I said.

"Be there!" I heard Bryan shouts.

"Damn it, do you really need to put your phone on loud speaker?" I tell Trent to which he just laughed.

"Nah, just for today, man of few words!" he replied.

"Fuck you!" I shouted as I ended the call. Those two are really a good match. They think like they're twins.

Once I reach the club, I easily found a perfect spot for my car. My brows furrowed as I saw a familiar car just meters away from where I parked my car. I climbed out of the car and entered the club. I shook my head as I saw Trent and Bryan at the corner of the club. I walk towards them. "In the office discussing something huh?" I sarcastically said once I'm standing in front of them.

Trent wiggled his eyebrows. "What's with the seriousness?" he asked making Bryan laugh.

"Funny?" I asked as I sit at the empty chair. "VIP room?" I added raising an eyebrow.

Bryan shakes his head. "No girls. Want to hunt tonight," he simply replied.

Trent on the other hand shakes his head. "Want to chill and forget what my father told me. Terrible news," he said.

"He always has terrible news with him. What's new?" I remarked that made him glare at me. Of course that's Trent. He has always a soft spot for his father.

"This is much terrible than you thought," he said.

"Why is that?" Bryan suddenly intervenes.

"Marriage," he replied making me and Bryan let out a laugh.

"That's terrible," we both said making him glare at us.

"About you?" asks Bryan looking at me. Then an image of Alexa tearing in front of me came into view. I really don't know but I feel a pang of pain as I keep going back to it. I tried to find where that feeling is coming from but I can't point it out.

"I - I just want to have some fun," I replied as I reach out for a bottle of beer.

"You're always having fun," comments Bryan.

"Hmm," I simply replied.

Trent suddenly diverts the topic until we end up talking about women. Yeah, that's what we usually talk about when we are in a club. We try not to talk about business. "By the way, I crossed path with Alexa in this place just last night," Trent suddenly said that made me look at him.

"Who, Jayden's secretary?" says Bryan who smirks at me.

"What is she doing here last night?" I asked. I can't stop myself from being curious. I had dinner in their house last night. When did she come in this club?

"To drink and forget," replied Trent as a small smile forms on his lips.

"About what?" says Bryan.

"How'd you know?"

"Talk to her. She's sweet and sincere. I can't help myself from liking her," he replied. I feel a little bit annoyed after hearing that from Trent. But the question is, why do I feel annoyed?

---M.F.P---