Twenty-eight

Alexa Ramirez

I smiled as I watch my sister walks down the aisle. Today is the day that Kent and Jade will seal their love story. I watch how Kent holds her soon-to-be wife's hand as soon as my father give my sisters hand to him.

When I glance to where Jayden is, he smiled at me. Yes, Jayden and Kent finally fix everything between them. Jayden is even Kent's best man.

When the priest started to talk, I straightened on my seat and becomes attentive. Throughout the ceremony, my whole attention is on my sister and Kent. They really are a perfect match.

Once the ceremony is done, we headed to the reception area and I can say that both Jade and Kent's family prepared for this wedding.

"Okay, it's time for the bride to pass the flower!" says the emcee.
My mother pushed me at the center. Now, I'm standing at the center of the hall together with the other bride's maid. My sister gives me a smile before turning back.

The emcee counted from one to three before my sister throw the flower that she is holding. I tried to step back for me not to catch the flower but as people say, expect the unexpected things to happen. The flower is coming towards me and I don't have any other choice but to catch it. My sister smiled sheepishly towards me.

"Wow, seems like Ramirez sisters already found the perfect man for them!" says the emcee. I raised an eyebrow. If they think I'm happy to have the flower, then they're wrong. I returned back towards my seat.

"Seems like the emcee is right," says my mom as she stared at something. I followed her gaze and my eyes landed to Jayden who is smiling at me. My mom is not staring at something but someone.

"No she's not," I said as I look back at my mother.

"Yeah, whatever floats your boat," replied my mother.

"It's time for the garter dear viewers," says the emcee. I watch as those groom's men went to the center. I'm waiting for Jayden to stand up but he just stayed on his seat. I'm totally dismayed.

Kent turned around and throw the garter. I waited for the garter to land on those men at the center but no none of them have it. The garter fell down on Jayden's lap. I bit my lower lip. The world is really siding me.

The emcee asked me to sit at the chair that is on the center. I didn't say anything and just did what they want me to do. I confidently sit down on the chair. "Okay, the one who has the garter please come and join Ms. Ramirez," says the emcee. Once Jayden is standing in front of us, the emcee told him what to do.

I can feel my sweat on my palms as Jayden puts my dress up until it reaches my thigh. "Upper! Upper!" shouts the people and Jayden did what they're asking him to do.

"Hey, hey, that's too much!" I scolded him as soon as he puts my dress higher but he just smirked at me.

When he puts the garter from my feet up to my thigh, his eyes is focused on me. I didn't look away and just stared back at him. If he really wants this, then, I'll just play along with him.

He tapped my thigh when he finally fixed the garter. "The hell are you doing!" I whispered to him as I glared at him but he just smirks at me.

The emcee screams and asked us to return to our seats. We did what she said. The next thing we did is to watch the newly couples to dance. The emcee asked me and Jayden to join the couples to dance. She also asked us to follow everything that the couples will do.

When we are done doing stupid things that those couples are doing, we finally went back to our seats. We just watch some couples to dance with the sweet music that is playing in the air.

People cheered up when the couples cut their cakes and drink their wines. I smiled as I see my sister smiled with pure happiness. I know that time that Jade will be happy throughout her married life. And I hope one day, one day, I'll be as happy as her with the man I love.

"Mind sharing what is on your mind?"

I turned my head to see who it is and my heart beats faster as I came face to face with Jayden. He is wearing a smile. "Hey, how long have you been standing there?" I asked.

"You're alone in this table, where are your parents?" he asked.

"They're talking with some visitors," I replied. That's the fact. My parents leave the table to talk with other visitors.

"Can I sit with you?" he asked making me nod.

I watch him as he pulled a chair for himself. "Now, tell me. What are you thinking?" he suddenly asked. I smiled at him. It's been almost a month since Jayden and I's relationship glowed.

"I'm just thinking about my life if I will meet the man who is destined to be my forever," I honestly told him.

Jayden smiled. "You already meet that person," he said while wearing a smile. I can't stop myself from smiling. Ever since Jayden and I had an understanding, he always wears that smile. A smile that only few people can see.

"Ah, I hope that man will not hurt and ignore me again," I replied making him laugh. Some people near us, look at our way. I teasingly punch him on his shoulder.

"I didn't mean to ignore you."

"Uh, shut up. You ignored me because it's what you want. I will never fall for you," I replied as I imitate the way he told me those painful words.

Jayden stared at me. "Seriously, I will not do that again," he said.

"Ah, don't talk like you know everything that will happen in the future," I seriously replied. Since the day we both feel the silent understanding we have, I made a promise to myself that I'll not think about my future with him. I don't want to be hurt again and I don't want to be the stupid Alexa anymore. I may like him a lot but that doesn't mean, I'll return back to who I am the day I volunteered to be his secretary.

"Yeah, you're right. Maybe let's just think of another topic. This isn't good for the day," he said to which I agreed. Jayden diverted the topic until we both decided to approach the newly wedded couple. Kent is smirking at Jayden when we are finally standing in front of them.

"For the month?" asks Kent to Jayden with pure seriousness. Jade and I stared at each other.

"Nah, for a lifetime," Jayden replied. Kent's expression suddenly changed. A small crept on his face.

"Damn, that's great to know. Or else -"

"What?" asks Jayden with his raised eyebrow.

"Or I'll surely punch you right now, right here," says Kent that made Jayden laugh.

"Hey, hey, what are you talking about? Is it all about me?" says Jade that made Kent stare at her.

"Not you but your sister," replied Kent. Jade nodded like she understood what Jayden and Kent were talking.

"About me? What about me?" I asked with pure curiosity.

"Nah, just talk to her Jayden. She's still that innocent," says Jade making me glare at her. "Why do you know how sex really happen in a room?" she added that made me blushed. Both Jayden and Kent laughed after Jade said those words.

"I don't need to experience sex for me to know how it really happens in the bedroom," I sarcastically said making Jade laugh. This woman is really something.

---M.F.P---