Fourteen

Alexa Ramirez

"Can I have one more drink please!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. Yes, I'm in a bar right now. After thinking too much I decided to drop by a club. It's an unusual thing for me to do but who cares, what I want now is to think clearer.

"What does a beautiful woman doing in this place alone?" asks someone from behind. I turned around only to see a very familiar face. I smiled.

"Hey Trent, it's good to see you here! Want to join me?" I ask making him nod. He sits on the chair besides me and ordered for a drink.

"What are you doing here?" he asks.

"Just want to hang out, yeah."

"Hang out with who? You are not even with someone. Any problem?" he asked as he reach out for his order.

I look at him. His aura is different. He has some manly vibes that can make a woman drop on their knees but not me. "I don't have a problem. I just want to be here and drink. I want to, you know, forget everything," I replied as I shrugs my shoulder. I've been here for almost an hour now but I'm still fully aware of everything that is happening around me. I'm still not drunk. Besides, I only have three shots of drink.

"Forget everything? I know some, you know, possible thing for you to easily forget everything," he replied wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed and hit him on his shoulder. I'm not innocent not to know what he means. Yeah, men. They always do such thing to forget everything.

"Damn you! Come on! You're not my type," I replied in between laughter. Really, he is handsome. That's the fact. Any woman can just approach him but he has no effect on me. If I feel something, it's just a brotherly feeling. No more, no less.

"I know, and I know the reason why," he replied with a small smile on his lips.

I raised an eyebrow. What does he know about me? "Hmm, what's that reason?" I asked as I am curious on what he will tell me.

"Because of my cousin," he simply replied before drinking from his bottle of beer. Yeah, why do even men love beer?

"How did you even know?" I asked. He stared at me intently and shrug his shoulder.

"I just can see it. And besides, my cousin is kind of telling me how you do stupid things for him," he replied. I nodded. Is Jayden even real? Why would he tell his friends about what I'm doing for him?

"Ah, that's not being stupid. That's love. I love your cousin but I guess, he's too far to reach," I replied as I look away. This isn't the reason why I'm here. This is what I'm trying to avoid but because of Trent's presence I am not able to do that.

"Love. Why do women are obsessed with love?" he asked that made me look at him. Trent and Jayden are cousins. They both don't believe in love.

"Why do men doesn't believe in love?" I asked. Trent just shrug his shoulder.

"Maybe because love is only for the fools, I guess?"

I laughed. "Your parents are a fool. They love each other that is why you are here sitting just beside me. Damn, tell that to your parents," I replied as I laugh.

Trent look at me in amusement. He really thinks that I'll just let that go? Nah, not for once. Seriously, why are men so mean?

"I didn't think of that," he simply said.

"Yeah, because you're such a fool."

Trent smiled. I raised an eyebrow. Why would he look at me that way? "Why?" I asked.

"I just don't understand the reason why Jayden doesn't like you?"

"Maybe because she loves someone that is related to me," I replied. A memory of Jayden telling my sister to leave Kent just for him came into view. Nah, he really didn't say those exactly but that's it. I'm jealous to my sister because the man I adore loves her.

"That- that's always what happens in a love story. I don't know what to say," he said. Is he for real?

"That also happen in real life Trent. I don't know but, does believing in love is being a fool? Ugh, that runs in your blood. Good feature but immature kind of thinking," I said to which Trent just laughed. Why does he keep on laughing? I hope it's not him who is doing that. I hope it's Jayden.

"What time is it?" I asked instead.

"Ah, past eleven already," he said as he glances at his wrist watch.

"Ah, I guess I need to go. My parents might be looking for me. They've been calling me a while ago but I just ignored them," I replied making him nod.

"I guess so. I'll escort you out," he said. Just like what he promised, he escorts me out of the club until I climbed into my car. I thought Trent will be staying in the club but I saw him sliding inside his car. That's when I remembered something.

I climbed out the car again and approach him. "Hey, can I ask you something?" I asked as I smiled to him. He is inside his car while I'm on the outside.

"Nah, what is it?" he replied.

"Can I have your number? I'll text you if I want to come back to this place again," I replied making him nod his head.

I give him my phone. I watch as he put his number on my phone. "Yeah, I'll be expecting a text from you," he said.

"Oh, thank you. I'll surely text you," I said before I turned on my heel and slide inside my car. Trent waited for me to drive off the street before he followed me. Well, Trent is a nice guy and I want him to be my friend.

It's exactly twelve in the morning when I finally parked my car in front of our house. The light is still on which means someone is still awake at that time. I climbed out of my car and headed inside. I was surprised to see Jade waiting for me at the living room. I greeted her and headed straight upstairs.

I was about to close the door when Jade push the door wider giving her space to come in. "What do you need?" I ask her as I watch her walk towards my bed. She sits down at the edge of my bed.

"Are you mad at me," she suddenly asked causing me to looked at her with furrowed brows.

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Mom told me that you're about to talk to me when I was at the back of the house," she said.

"And?" I simply asked.

"I didn't see you there. Tell me the truth, did you see me talking to Jayden?" she asked.

I put my purse on the bedside table and sits down at the edge of my bed. "Yeah," I replied.

"And you heard everything," she said, still in pure seriousness. I just nodded. Jade heaved a deep sigh.

"Why didn't you tell me about it?" I asked.

"I thought it's not a big deal at all," says Jade.

"I don't know. Maybe, maybe not," I replied. Jade comes closer to me and hold my hands. She then told me that Jayden once courted her but she chose Kent over him. Jayden's attitude made her chose Kent over him.

---M.F.P---