Thirty-one

Jayden Paterson

A beep from my phone catches my attention. Who would that be. I'm very sure that I'm not expecting any message from anyone aside from Alexa. But Alexa just messaged me a while ago, informing me that she'll be late. According to her, she has an important thing to do first and I really don't care because I totally understand.

I reach for my phone and my brows furrowed as I see Grace's name on the screen. What is it this time. The message tells me to see my account because she'll sending an important thing. I wanted to ignore it but something inside me is pushing me to do what she said. I opened my account and immediately see what Grace is telling me. I can't deny the fact that I instantly feel anger rising up inside me.

My head heats up as soon as I laid my eyes on the photo that Grace sent me. What is the meaning of this photo? Moments later, Grace called me. I immediately answered it. "Where did you get this?" I asked. I know that anger is now visible in my voice.

"From yesterday at a certain restaurant. You see, your cousin and your woman is doing things behind your back," she replied from the other line. "Well, if you want to know more, tell your security guard to allow me enter the building. I'm in the parking lot right now," she added.

"Fine," I replied. I really want to know the story behind the photo that Grace sent me. Once I ended the call, I informed my security guard to let Grace in the building. After almost ten minutes, someone knocks on my office door. For sure it's Grace. "Come in!" I shouted.

Grace with a sly smile comes in. She's wearing a dress that is now covering her cleavage but is still ends her mid-thigh. "Well, well. What do you want to know?" she asked as she sits at the chair just across me.

"Are those pictures even real?" I asked making her nod. I don't know if those photos are even real. I know how much Grace is obsessed with me and she can certainly do things just to have me.

"Yep. And for you to believe me even more, here. Watch this," she replied handing me her phone. I took it from her and watch whatever she wants me to watch in her phone. I can feel the heat coming up my head.

Watching Trent staring at Alexa with full of concern makes me want to punch him. Yeah, I don't care who he is to me. And the way Alexa stared at him in return adds up with the anger I'm feeling. I was too angry not to notice that I'm gripping Grace's phone stronger. If Grace didn't take her phone away, then I could have probably destroyed it with my strength.

"When was that?" I asked. Both jealousy and anger now envelopes me.

"It's yesterday. Well, I was planning to dine in that restaurant but I saw them. And my instinct tells me to take a shot of them and a video. Look, they're cheating behind your back. You're still not in relationship with that secretary of yours but she's already making a move with your cousin and seems like your cousin is falling into her trap," says Grace.

"Do you have anything else?" I asked.

Grace just nodded and look for something in her phone. After a while she hands me her phone. I really want to punch someone once I watch the video.

Trent's back is facing the camera and I can clearly see how Alexa stare at Trent. She's too focus to him. Moments later, Trent leaned forward. Yeah, that means only one thing. Alexa allowed Trent to kiss her.

I clenched my fist. How dare they do such thing behind my back. Then it hits me. Yesterday, I asked Alexa to have a date with me. I can see in her eyes the excitement after hearing that from me but in the end she declined my offer because she has an important thing to do. And the thing she did, based on the photos and videos that Grace showed me, is to meet Trent. That means, Trent is much more important than I am. But what about those nice things she's been showing me? Are they all fake too?

"You might be wrong Grace. They might be talking about things other than what you're are thinking," I replied making her laugh. I don't want to believe everything because I already have an attachment with Alexa.

"Come on! Don't close your eyes with what she's doing honey. I'm a woman and Alexa is a woman. I knew it when a person is doing dirty deeds behind someone else's back," she said.

That makes sense. Grace is a pro with doing it. And those photos and videos she showed me are enough for me to believe her.

"Now, tell me, is Alexa the pure and clean woman you once told me? Guess like you still don't know your woman," she added that made me stare at her. I'm really angry right now. I'm angry because of the fact that I trusted both Trent and Alexa.

"Maybe you are right. I closed my eyes with all the possibilities that Alexa is not as innocent as I think she is," I replied. And I mean it. Maybe she's really playing with what Trent and I feel for her. That made me mad even more. That awakened the old Jayden. If Alexa wants to play, then I'll give her what she wants. I push myself up from my swivel chair and walks towards Grace. In just a swift, I held her in her waist.

"And besides, it's already two months and Alexa didn't even really confess her love for you," says Grace as she clings on my neck.

"Hmm, what do you mean?"

Grace smiled. "I heard what you and Trent are talking when I barged in your mini bar. And yeah, tomorrow is the exact last date that he gives you to make Alexa confess her love for you. Once she will not do that, then she can have her," she replied. And that sums up everything. Trent has something to do with their meeting yesterday.

"I guess I did a mistake this time," I replied making her smirk.

"You really did. The only right thing you have is me. Even if I did things behind your back, my loyalty is still for you," she said.

I didn't even bother to answer whatever she said. I just did the thing I have in mind. I leaned forward and kissed her on her lips. I don't care if someone will just barge in and see us like that.

Grace didn't hold back and responded to my kisses. My other hand started to roam around her body. Yes, I'm mad. I'm mad at Alexa and Trent. They both betrayed the hell out of me. They even ignored the change I did for myself just for them. They wasted it. The only thing that can make me feel better is to have Grace by my side. She's the only woman that really thinks about me and can give what I really need. No other woman can do that.

I carried Grace to the couch. We were busy doing the thing when the door suddenly opened. We both stopped and looked at the person who just arrived. Then a smirk suddenly appeared on my lips when the paper bag that Alexa is holding fell on the floor. I can see both pain and sadness in her eyes. What now?

---M.F.P---