Thirty-three

Jayden Paterson

"You two deserves each other and I hate to say this but I'm too stupid to believe that you really are falling for me. I hate to tell myself that you played with what I feel for you. I hate you Jayden Paterson!" she said. Those words of her pained a part of me. "I hope you'll be happy for all of this!" she added before turning on her heels and run out of my office.

Instead of feeling sad for her disappearance, I even feel anger. Yes, anger. I'm mad because of the fact that she just run away. That only means one thing. It's true that she's really hiding the fact that she's dating Trent. And now that I did this to try her, she immediately gives up and run. Grace is right, she's not what I thought she is.

"Honey, did I prove myself right or wrong?" she asked making me look at her.

"I should have listened to you in the first place," I replied. Well, that's the fact. I may hate her sometimes but today proves that she's always the woman who can stay with me no matter what.

"Oh, dear honey. I'll always stay by your side no matter what happen," she said. I didn't stop myself from kissing her to which she immediately responded. I'm the first one to pull away when I remembered the fact that the office door is still open.

"We should stop. I still have a meeting later. We will just continue with this after office hours," I said to which she agreed.

"I'll wait for you in my apartment!" she said. I nodded.

"I'll be there by nine or ten. Just wait for me," I replied.

"I better get going. I still need to do something important," she said that made me nod at her.

Grace just gives me a kiss on my lips before she heads out of my office. I heaved a deep sigh that I didn't know I've been holding. I walked towards my swivel chair and sits on it.

I opened my laptop and started to do something but the events from a while ago keeps on coming my mind. I really don't why it's coming back despite the fact that I'm mad at her.

A while ago, I see pain and sadness as she told me that she loves me. That's what I want to hear from her and when I heard it, I didn't feel the satisfaction that I'm expecting. What I felt a while ago is pure anger. Anger because of the fact that she's a liar. She has been a liar and fooling everyone around her.

I shook my head and tried to set aside those things. I focused my whole attention with my work. When the time strikes twelve, I waited for someone to knock on my door. A part of me is expecting someone to ask me to have launch or give me a food but I wasn't expecting anything. I closed my laptop and is about to order my food when someone knocked on the door. "Come in!"

The door opened and Jane stepped in. She's wearing a smile. A smile that didn't even reach her ears. I know, she knew something. "Sir, your food for launch," she said as she walks towards my table and put the plastic bag on top.

I just stared at the plastic bag before looking back at her. "You ordered this?" I asked making her nod her head.

"Yes sir. You prefer ordered foods right?" she asked. I can sense sarcasm in her tone. What the hell is wrong with her?

"Leave," I replied making her nod.

"If I can only find another prestigious company as this, I'll probably leave ," she replied before turning on her heels. I wanted to call her attention back and tell her that she's fired but something inside me is telling me that it will be a bad thing for me to do. I just let her be.

I fix my table and brings out the food on the plastic bag. I was about to dig in when my phone rings. I reach out for it and my brows furrowed when I see the screen. The number is not registered. Who would it be?

"Hello, how may I help you?" I asked as I leaned back on my swivel chair.

"Jayden! How dare you hurt my sister!" says the person on the other line. I can easily tell who it is.

"Whoa, chill Jade. Why what's wrong?" I asked even if I know the reason why she called me.

"You talk like you're innocent. Why Jayden, why?" she asked.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask your own sister?" I sarcastically replied. They're just the same, I thought to myself.

"She loves you Jayden but you hurt her."

"That's not my problem. That's hers. She loves me so she needs to bear with the pain," I answered.

"If something bad happens to my sister, I will never forgive you!" she said with anger before ending the call. I grip my phone after that call.

People believe that Alexa loves me but they didn't know that the woman they think is innocent is actually the opposite. She's not the definition of innocent. She's just using the fact that she's obsess with me to cover up what she really is.

Once I'm done with my launch, I stayed in my office for half an hour before I went to the conference room. I still have one meeting before the day finally ends. The meeting went well and I can say that it helps me forget what happened a while ago.

When I'm done, I left the office and went to Grace's apartment as I promised. She's cooking when I arrived in her apartment. "What are you cooking?" I asked as I watch the way she mix all the ingredients in the pan.

"Uh, just an experiment," she replied making me nod. I watch her continue what she's doing until she finally said that she's done. She asked me to have a taste of what she cooked to which I immediately complied. And I'm totally dismayed because the food is totally awful.

"How is it?" she asks while her eyes are twinkling.

"Uhm, it's great!" I replied making her smile. Ugh, Alexa's foods are still the best, I thought to myself. I instantly shake my head. Why I am even thinking about her?

---M.F.P---