Six

Alexa Ramirez

I woke up with the loud sound of my alarm clock. I lazily rub my eyes and takes off the sheets of my body. I just stayed for two minutes in my bed before pushing myself up. I dropped my feet on the cold floor and headed towards the bathroom to do my morning rituals.

I'm still exhausted from the event last night. Last night the company celebrated it's forty years of existence. And I was the one who did all the planning and the checking of things needed for the party. Jayden let me do almost all the work. I let the water roll down my body and let it ease the pain that I'm feeling. My muscles are aching. The worst thing is that I just had three hours of sleep. I heaved a deep sigh.

It's been one and a half months now that I've been working as Jayden's secretary. Throughout that month, I experienced and witnessed a lot of things. Things that gives me pain and everything.

Once I'm done, I went out of the bathroom and headed straight to my closet. We may have money and everything but I still chose to have a simple closet that will just hold everything that I need. My mother and my sister even told me to redecorate my closet.

I chose a white polo and paired it with some blue jeans. I chose a two inch hills to add up with the style. I know this is not an office attire but this is how I want to enter the office today. Jayden wouldn't mind it at all.

When I'm contented by how I look, I headed downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. It's still six in the morning and I still have one hour and thirty minutes. I need to eat my breakfast. This past few days, my colleagues are telling me that I'm losing weight.

"Hey, you're too early," says my mother. I turned around and greeted her.

"Yes, I still need to accompany Jayden in his early meeting," I replied making her nod.

"You really are a different person after you started working with Jayden. You wake up too early and even cook early," says my mother.

"I don't need to cook for today because Jayden will be having a lunch meeting and I'm going to accompany him," I said.

"Ah, you two are always together. Do you have any update on what is happening between the two of you? What's happening on your mission?" my mother asks.

I heaved a deep sigh. I personally don't know what is happening between me and Jayden. All my efforts are in vain. Even if I exert effort on getting his attention, the only thing I get in return is anger and hateful words. Those foods that I always give to him ends up in the bin or to one of my colleagues. Yes, might be frustrating and embarrassing but I really don't think that I can stop.

"There's still no progress. I'm still working on it," I simply replied that made her smile.

"I really admire you. You can really endure the pain just to be with the person you love. But I'm reminding you that too much will bring sorrow to you," she says to which I smiled.

When I'm done eating, I bid goodbye to my mother.

It's still six forty when I arrived infront of the Paterson company building. I strode inside and some employees greeted me. I run towards the elevator. It took me almost two minutes before I finally reach the top floor because I'm the only one in it.

I look for the paper that is needed for the meeting and put it in a case that is on top of my table. I also fix some papers that are needed for the meeting that Jayden needs to attend this afternoon. "Are you done?" says someone.

I look up and saw Jayden standing across me. I straightened myself and greeted him. How did I not notice him walking towards me? And why didn't I notice the time? "Yeah, I'm just trying to fix everything in here," I replied wearing a smile that I always give him.

"Good, let's get going," he said.

I grab the case, where I put the files we need, and followed him out to the elevator. "Did you fix my schedule for next week?" he asked as we are in the elevator.

"Yes sir. All set."

"How about the trip?" he asked.

I look at him in confusion. "What trip?" I asked out of curiosity.

He stared at me. "Didn't I tell you to schedule my trip to Paris, France the week after next week?" he said. His eyebrows furrowed.

I was about to answer but the elevator opened. We are already at the ground floor. He was the first one who walks out from the elevator. I followed his steps. "Hey, you didn't tell me about that trip. I'll just schedule it tonight and arrange everything for you," I said as I walk behind him. He's walking too fast that I almost run just to cope up with his steps.

"Okay," he simply replied once we reach his car. I waited for him to open the door for me but he immediately slides in the driver's seat.

"Are you coming with me or just stay there waiting for nothing?" he shouted from the inside. I shake my head and climbed inside.

"You could have at least opened the door for me," I said.

"You can do that by yourself, you're not even my date or my woman. You are my secretary," he replied that pained me. Why can't he just be a gentleman? Why does he need to be arrogant all the time?

"Such an arrogant man," I said under my breath.

"I'm really arrogant and a bossy one," he said that made me look at him. Did he just heard what I said? I thought to myself.

"I heard it, you said it out loud," he replied. My eyes widened. I did it again twice.

"Trice," he replied.

I didn't answer. I just hit myself with my palm. I glance at him and I saw a small smile formed on his lips. "Whoa, is Jayden Paterson smiling?" I said out loud with a cheerful voice.

"I'm not smiling," he said using his own signature cold tone. The smile that crept on his lips instantly fades.

"Yes, you did smile!" I said only to receive a curse from him.

"Bullshit! I'm not smiling and just shut the fuck up!" he said making me froze on my seat. I instantly pulled my eyes away from him and focused on the road. Why can't he just admit that he is smiling, can't he really smile?

"I can't. Not infront of you," he said. I literally scolded myself for talking out loud. I just keep silent until we reach the place where the meeting is going to be held.

---M.F.P---