Chapter 72

Demi had made me go to dinner, after I told her a thousand times, that I was going to eat cereal on the bus. But her being the way she was, she dragged me by my arm.

"Thought you weren't coming?" Selena whispered as I took the seat next to her. It was the only seat open, besides the one next to Lauren, and I was definitely not going to sit there.

"Yeah well, Demi made me" she giggled nodding lightly. I looked up and met a kind of angry looking Lauren. I knew she was mad Cause of Selena. "So Sel" I chirped happily. I was only doing this to get Lauren madder, and because everyone else was talking and I didn't want my mind to be filled with just Lauren. "What are you thinking about getting?"

"Don't know yet? Maybe The hamburger with the onion rings" she shrugged looking at the menu.

"I'll get whatever your having" I smirked. I didn't mean for the smirk to come out, but Lauren turned redder by the second.

"So Lauren, is this the special person you wanted us to meet" said a guy motioning his head towards me. He was seated two seats away from Lauren. She had his eyes. I guess it was her dad.

"Um, kind of" she mumbled looking down. "Dad, mom, Siblings, this is my best friend Dani" she said putting a lot of effort into friends. I looked down before I replaced my weak looking smile to one of the most fakest smiles ever. I'm just a friend. "Dani, this is my sister Taylor, brother Chris, my mom Clara, and my dad Mike.

"Its nice to meet you Mija" said Clara. "Lauren has talked so much about you." Great.

"I-its nice to meet you guys" I choked in the beginning, but regained my composure. "I hope good things?" I said stifling a giggle.

"Yeah, thats why we have been so eager to meet you" Mike chirped. I looked at Camila who was a couple of seats away from me. She sighed, motioning me to drink water. I felt my color draining from my skin.

"Well, she talks a lot about you guys to. All good stories" they laughed as Mike wrapped his arm around Lauren.

After the waiter brought us our food, Mike and Clara were talking to Luis and I didn't even want to pay attention to the conversation.

"How's your brother and Ray?" Selena asked wanting to start a conversation. I mentally sighed, and swallowed the chewed up food in my mouth.

"There doing pretty great. Thanks for asking. How's your little sister?" Her eyes lit up as I asked about her. I know her sister means a lot to her, she told me a lot a couple days before I left.

"She's doing amazing" she exclaimed. I smiled and notice I was talking to a whole different Selena. A good Selena. "She'll be 1 on June 12th. I'm really excited for her first birthday" she laughed.

"Its ok, I was the Same when Ray turned 1" I giggled. I heard a small fake cough and looked behind Selena. Camila looked at me shaking her head, and motioning me towards Lauren. I didn't look though, I couldn't.

"Was the burger good?" Sel asked.

"Uh, yeah. It was" I shook my head at myself.

What am I doing? I'm talking to Selena like what she did, didn't happen. I know she doesn't know anything, but she shouldn't have said that. Now I lost the person who mattered a lot to me. That person who was now on the hands of another. I'm not going to lie either, he was good looking, and he looked at Lauren in Awe. The way I did.

After dinner, I didn't wait for desert, I just left. I couldn't handle being there anymore watching Lauren talk to him. If the drivers won't drive me back to the buses, then so be it, I'm walking my ass.

"Dani" I heard a yell. I turned around and watched Lauren run towards me. "Where are you going? You can't just leave by yourself. The buses are like miles away." She said catching her breath.

"Lauren, why do you care so much. Just go back and be with him" I whispered my last word, scared that my voice would crack. She looked down and shook her head.

"Dani, I still love you" she inched closer to me, to the point I smelled her dinner. So we were pretty close and I couldn't handle it. My breathing began to hitch and my hands shook.

"I guess that's just the way it goes. I loved you with all my heart and you completely destroyed it." I said backing away. Hurt danced around her eyes.

"So, you 'loved' me" she nodded air quoting with her damn fingers.

"What do you want me to say Lauren. That I still love you, when you clearly dont anymore. Say you didnt lose me, when you promised me I was never going to lose you, and I did. Promise to stay, When you made a promise to my mom that you were going to be there for me. You clearly moved on. Please Lauren. As much as this hurts me" I said finally releasing the water works. "Leave me alone. Go be with your boyfriend. Go have fun, and be the Lauren I loved for him. Just don't break his heart like you did mine." I walked over to her and kissed her cheek. "Bye, Lauren" I whispered. "See you around" I said and turned on my heels walking to the direction of where the buses were at.

A/n: I feel like the chapters are not coming out the way I wanted them!