Chapter 17

Demi'spov-

When night came around, I walked in Dani's old room, which is now Rays room, to get Dani.

"Hey Dan, come on, its time to go" I said popping my head in the opening of the door.

As I didn't hear her respond, I open the door more to see Dani and Ray asleep in his small bed. He was curled up to her side and she had one arm around him.

"How cute" I heard Evan say behind me. I turned startled, with a hand over my chest.

"I know" I took my phone and snapped a quick picture. "I'll just leave her for tonight, I'll pick her up in the morning. If that's ok" I asked Evan who was leaned up against the door frame.

"Of course, she looks like she needs it anyways." He smiled at the two sleeping kids and sighed. "It looks like you take good care of her" he let out a deep sigh.

"I try my best when I can" I said walking to kiss Dani's forehead. "And when I can't since I'm at work, I drop her off at my moms. They all get along pretty good" I smiled.

"That's great, is she going back to school?" He asked. We walked out the room and closed the door.

"When we return from Dallas after thanksgiving, she'll be home schooled, if she wants" we sat in the kitchen.

"Why home schooling" he asked.

"Well, Cause I'm going on tour soon, and there will be no one to take care of her since she's living with me. So, might as well take her, and let her see the world" he nodded his head and smiled.

"I'm glad you guys took her" he sighed, looking down at his hands.

"Why is that" he looked up, not knowing what to say.

"Our mom is really sick at the moment. We don't know how long she has left. No ones going to be here for Dani. I wish I was but I'm moving to England for work, and I can only take Ray with me" Evan let a tear fall and looked at me. He wiped it away.

"I'm going to take care of Dani like if she was my own. Don't worry she's in good hands" I rubbed his back giving him an reassuring smile.

"Thanks Demi" I nodded. I grabbed my keys and stood up.

"I thinks its time I get at the hotel. I don't want Max getting mad at me" I giggled. "See you tomorrow" I waved, hugged him, and left to the rental car.

As I drove to the hotel, I kept thinking about Dani. How will she react When Evan or her mom tells her the new? How will she take it? I sighed parking my car in the hotels parking lot.

"There you are. Where's Dan" Max asked looking around.

"She fell asleep, so I left her with her brother" He nodded. "Well, I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow" I said to Max.

"Alright, night Demi" I waved, walking into the extra hotel room.....

The next morning, I took a quick shower, then threw my hair in a messy bun. I threw on some skinny jeans, a band tee, and a leather jacket.

On my way, I picked up two coffees from Starbucks, and A frappachino for Dani.

Evan and Dani's mother, Ann wasn't there, so I knew she might be at work.

"Hey Demi, good morning" Evan said greeting me. I smiled hugging him.

"Where's the kiddos" I giggled.

"Well, their in Ray's room" he laughed. "Wanna help make breakfast" He asked.

"I don't know how to cook" I giggled.