Chapter 38

A/N: so if you guys were paying attention to the cast member list, I added Ariana Grande to play Dani, Also Shay Mitchell will play Val, so yeah! And also, you guys, i need to see comments. I wanna see what you guys think of the story. So for now on comment for the next updates! Read on... :)

Dani's Pov-

"Ice cream?" Demi asked Val and I as we were on our way home.

"Yes please!" Val shouted from the back seat. She was busy on her phone, chatting with Dinah probably.

"Great. Dani?" I looked over at her and shrugged. She looked at me worried and sighed. "You OK?"

"Grand" I fake smiled focusing on the cars driving next to us. I giggled seeing a middle aged man dance around to the muffled music.

"Well, were here" Demi said with no expression to her voice. Her face was motionless as well. I knew it had to do with something about me. It wasn't my fault though, whatever it was.

After getting my ice cream, I sat at the back with Val as we waited for Demi. Val looked at me for a sec before shoving her spoonful of vanilla and coffee ice cream into her mouth.

"Are you and Demi OK?" She asked after swallowing her ice cream.

"To be honest I don't know." I shrugged and began to play with my cup.

I don't want Demi being afraid of me. I want her to be happy and amazing as she was before. But now I feel like I'm dragging her down. Maybe I should go somewhere for awhile. Where? I don't know, but I'll figure out something.

Getting home Val rushed to her room and Demi went to hers. So I was alone basically. It was ok though.

I decided to walk into the music room and play with Demi's Piano. Demi has been teaching me piano before my mom died. It actually relaxes me.

As I placed my fingers on the keys, I decided I should make some music. Maybe Christmas songs, or something close to the holiday vibe. It is that time of year. So, I ran in my room to find an empty notebook and a  pen. I went back into the music room and began playing random keys.

After awhile I came up with a song called 'Snow in California'. Yes its about Lauren leaving, but I miss her so much already and it hasn't been a day since she left. 

Another song that I really love with the outcome of, is 'love is everything'. It was an adorable song.

The sad thing about writing these songs is, I can't sing for shit. I rolled my eyes and slam my notebook close. This is useless.

"Hey girlie" I heard Val's voice next to me. I turned to find her waving her hand, with that nice smile.

"Hey" I mumbled getting up and dragging her to my room. She sat on my bed and looked at me confusedly. "I need to bat!" I practically yelled running my fingers through my hair.

"Well then, let's go out back. I'll throw you a couple?" I nodded and hugged my best friend. Without her I would have probably been a mess throughout the years.

"Thanks Valerie" she rolled her eyes at her name and lightly guided me out my room and down the stairs. 

Getting into my batting position, I thought about me and Lauren playing. I snapped my head to Val not wanting to remember Lauren at the moment.

"Ready" Val yelled knowing I couldn't hear that well through my helmet. I threw her a thumbs up and positioned myself again.

The ball came at me and I swung at the metal bat as hard as I could. Thankfully, the net caught the ball, and it rolled itself to Val.

An hour later, Demi called us in for dinner. Val and I washed up, and met Demi at the Dining room table.

"What are we having today?" I asked as Demi was getting drinks from the fridge.

"Panda express take outs" She giggled. My mouth began to water. I love Panda Express so much. It was so delious.

"Demi, your a god!" Val said beginning to make her plate. Demi and I laughed at her.

"Well thanks Val. So I'm guessing you love this"

"Uh, yeah! Me and Dani eat this all the time" Demi smiled at me and helped me serve.

After Dinner, we watched a movie till Val went to sleep and it was just Demi and I. I looked over at the other couch were she was looking at the credits go up.

"Demi?" I whispered. She looked over to me and smiled. "I'm sorry. For everything. I don't want to be the cause for you being unhappy and or scared. It hurts that you are scared to be with alone with me. I understand that you feel different with me now. But if you want, you can send me somewhere else. My uncle lives not that far from here" She stared at me intently, with her eyes roaming my face. She finally stood up and plopped herself next to me on the couch. She placed her arm around me that felt very motherly, and calmly.

"Dani" she sighed. "I haven't done this in a really long time. So when you started doing it, I felt that you know, I might want to do it again. I have been strong for a really long time, and I don't want to ruin that. I love you so much baby girl. But I'm not going to send you away. I want to help you, no matter what" I cracked a small smile. "Now let's go to bed. We have to up in the morning for an interview I have to get to" I nodded and kissed her cheek before disappearing from the living room.

A/N: what do you guys think of the changes? I will probably update the next one for Christmas depending on how I write the next chapter. I will be getting a new laptop so I'll be able to write more :)