Chapter 1

Dani's pov-

I'm Dani Sanchez, But people think it short for something, which it is. But I just prefer Dani. Im 18, I love and play sports, and live in El Paso Texas.

My mom sat me down in the dining room table. She said she had something important to tell me.

"Evan come here, and sit, please" my mom told my older brother. He sat down, and sat his 4 year old son Ray, on his lap.

"what's up" Evan asked. My mom took a deep breath.

"Now, I haven't been completely honest, with you both" She began. we looked at her confused. I arched my eyebrows at Evan. He shrugged his shoulders confusedly.

"what is it mom" Evan asked anxiously waiting to hear, what was she hiding from us.

"Dani, when you born, you weren't born in LA like Evan, you were born in Dallas" was that it. I thought it was big.

"umm...ok mom" I giggled a bit.

"mom was that really something important or something" Evan asked confused.

"look, what I'm trying to say and it breaks my heart to say is....." she started to up. She looked around the room seeing my Brothers and my trophys. We were big with sports.

"mom just say it, we can handle it" I said worried.

"later on today, some guest are coming to visit you" she looked at me with a tear rolling down her rosy cheeks.

"For what" Now I was kinds scared. She handed me papers that had my Name plastered, on the front. I opened it, and scanned the paper. One word ought my eye. I looked up and stood silent.

"What did it say" Evan asked.

"I'm adopted" I whispered. Mom cried burying her face in her hands. "why didn't you tell this before"

"cause I wanted you to feel like part of the family. I got you when you were two months old"

"so who really I'm I. I'm I really Dani" Evan stood quiet. I wouldn't blame him, I would have reacted the same. People would say Evan and I had the best brother sister relationship, which is true, but now to find out his not really my brother, breaks my heart.

"your Dani Destiny, when we got you, you only had a first and middle name. No last name"

"and the people that are coming, is it them" I asked.

"yeah" she said.

"well I don't want to meet them. It took them 18 years to finally care. why do they care all of a sudden" I yelled. She flinched and closed her eyes, trying to stop crying. I on the other hand, I'm surprised I'm not crying.

"Dani, no matter what this paper says, or DNA, I will and always be your big brother" he stood up putting Ray down on the floor.

"thanks Evan" I hugged him with a small smile.

After awhile of thinking who the hell I was, the door bell rung. I went in my room, not bothering on meeting the people. My phone vibrated, as I entered my room, indicating I had a text. It was my Bestfriend Valerie.

V- We have softball practice, in like 10 minutes, you coming

D- yup, getting ready

I threw my phone on my bed, and began to get ready. I changed to my black softball pants, long black and yellow socks, black kleets, and threw my hair to a high bun. Before leaving out my room, I checked if everything was in my duffle bag. Then grabed my phone walking out my room.

"Dani come here please" My mom asked.

"can't, I'll be late for practice" I rushed out before she stops me. If she thinks I'm talking to them, then she's crazy.

I walked down to practice since I live near the school. As I approached the field, the team was huddled around As our coach put up the new captains list. I ignore it every time since I don't make captain.

"hey, there's our captain" Valerie yelled, swinging an arm around my shoulder.

"what the hell are you talking about" I asked walking in the locker room.

"I'm talking about you being the new captain" I smiled wide.

"really"

"yup"

"well finally something great is happening" she looked at me confused.

"what do you mean. your Like popular, everything should be great"

"ok, I'm not popular, and I just found out some news this morning"

"what kind of news, if I may ask" I took a deep breath and pushed my duffle bag in my locker.

"I'm adopted" I slam the locker door making her jump. I grabbed my glove and my black rayban sun glasses.

"I'm sorry" Valerie hugged me patting my back.

"its ok I guess. I don't even want to meet them" she gave me a confused face that made me giggle.

"the 'family' is at my house wanting to meet me" I moved my fingers up and down on family.

"why don't you want to" she asked as we walked out to the hot El Paso sun.

"cause, why do they care all of a sudden, its been 18 years. Anyways I don't want to talk about it anymore, let's go practice" I said putting my sun glasses and my gloves on. She shrugged following me out.

Practice was already almost over and I seen my mom entering the schools parking lot. She came out her Van following by three other people I didn't know. I guess they were the 'family'.

They sat in the bleachers, watching us practice. Some of the girls huddle together as soon as practice was over. They kept looking at the people smiling, squealing and whispering. I shot them a look and walked away.

Valerie came by my side and swung her arm around my shoulder.

"dude, do you know who they are" she asked pointing to them.

"I have no clue and I don't want to know" she shot me a look of surprise.

"Dani" my coach called me over. I walked to him with a smile. "your in charge of the team now, congrats" he put up his hand for a high five.

"thanks coach" I high five him and walked away to my mom.

"Dani, this is your family. The Lovatos" I sighed.

A/N: I wanted something different this time and came up with this. hope you like it. vote on it or comment if I should continue.