PART 8: Contradiction

YIN POV

It's been a week since the episode I stayed in War's room and even though his words hurt me but I tried my best to show I was fine because I didn't want our relationship to be awkward.

"Let's study in the library this evening. Everyone is free,right?" Prat said to five of us while we were in the cafeteria for lunch.

"I can't," I said.

"Awww you have a blind date?" Bonz gave me a naughty look and War also looked at me, like he believed I really had a date.

"Are you crazy?! Noooo!"

I denied it quickly, so War didn't misunderstand even though yeah, I know he doesn't mind but I don't know why I have a little bit of hope that he still likes me but he tries to deny it.

So, I don't want him to misunderstand me because it's very clear that I like him but when I want to express my feelings and say the words 'I love you', he always cuts me off.

"I have a selected program to join our university football team today."

"War, you must come to support me this evening," I smiled widely at him because I really wanted him to come and give me support.

"He can't," Pack suddenly said.

"War didn't say anything, why are you so busy?" Off replied to him because he already noticed Pack also likes War. I never said anything about Pack but this man really gave full support for me to win War's heart.

"You will go out with me today to go buy a book, right War? You already promised me," Pack looked at War and War also looked at him before changing his gaze to me.

He didn't say anything but I knew what he wanted to say.

"It's okay, War. Maybe next time you can come and support me," I forced myself to smile and I didn't know how my smile looked like.

Yes, it hurts.

But, I couldn't force him to go there and give me support if that's not what he wants because he has the right to choose whatever he wants to do.

I like him.

I love him.

But that doesn't mean I have a right to him because I don't know what's in his heart right now. As for now, he just considers me a friend and if he prefers to go out with his other friends, I can only smile and pretend that I was fine because he's free to do anything that he likes. I'm only his friend, not more than that.

"Hey Yin," Earn greeted me and I changed my attention to her.

"Oh hey, Earn," I smiled at her. I wasn't very close with her but we had chatted a few times because we had done a photoshoot together and there was a subject that I grouped with her.

"I heard this afternoon you will have a selection of football players to represent our university."

"Ah yes."

She smiled sweetly at me and gave me a box of chocolates. Bonz already made a noise on the table and my eyes changed to look at War but he just ate his meal without looking back at me.

I looked at Earn back without taking the chocolate but Off kicked my leg under the table, made a signal to me to take that.

"Er thank you, Earn," I said awkwardly and my eyes looked at War again but still the same, no reaction at all.

It was like I was too hopeful that he would look at me and show a sign that he was jealous.

"I will come to support you this evening, Yin," she approached her face close to me and I moved back because I was startled by her bravery.