PART 20: Contentment

AUTHOR POV

There is a workshop that was held in the hall today for engineering students and at first,Yin was initially hesitant to come because he felt too tired but Off persisted, so he just walked there like a zombie.

He was about to enter the hall when he noticed War sat with Pack, laughing and smiling like a lovely pair. He sighed and wanted to turn around.

Even though War had told him that they could still be friends but his actions didn't match his words. Yeah, of course Yin didn't want them just to be friends but with their current relationship now, he couldn't argue that but War is still the same, avoiding him and treating him like a stranger.

War also told him that he likes someone and he's not sure if it's true or not but if it is true, he's certain that the person War was referring to is Pack.

"Yin, where are you going?" Earn asked when she saw Yin turn around, wanting to walk away from the hall. Her voice also attracted War's attention as War also looked in Yin's direction.

"Come here," she said and pulled Yin's hand without waiting for his reply and walked them to the empty seat in front of War and Pack, forcing Yin to sit there and she sat beside him. Not long after that, Off also came and sat beside him.

"You're always with your girlfriend, huh?" Pack said sarcastically while crossing his hands over his chest and his voice made Earn turn around and on the other hand, Yin just ignored it and focused his attention to his phone.

"He's not my boyfriend YET," she emphasized the word 'yet' while looking at War who also looked at her without any reaction.

"Well, he's gonna be my boyfriend soon if someone doesn't appreciate him," she smiled sweetly and turned her attention back to Yin.

She didn't know the full story of what happened between Yin and War but looking at Yin's behavior these past few days, she knows he isn't happy.

Yeah, of course she likes Yin but knowing that Yin already loves someone makes her realize her chance to make Yin like her too is the size of a particle. She likes Yin but her feelings aren't more than like yet and the way Yin looks at War already proves to her that she's never had the chance to have Yin look at her in that way.

"Auwww, Yin is so lucky if he gets someone like you, Earn," Off said loudly, making sure that War who sat behind them heard that.

As the uneasy feeling started to control himself, War only kept his emotionless reaction and bit his lips and looking at Yin who didn't argue back with what Earn and Off said made him feel even more furious.

"You look so sleepy, Yin. Are you okay?" Earn purposely made a cute voice and patted Yin's head, glancing at War to see his reaction and War immediately bowed his head down and acted busy reading the brochure that they got.

'What the hell did they want to show their affection in front of me?!' War mumbled in his mind and gripped tightly the brochure he held until it was almost crumpled.

"I slept late last night," Yin replied while yawning because these past few weeks he has had trouble sleeping because his mind hasn't stopped thinking about War.

"You can sleep on my shoulder if you want," she patted her shoulder and raised her eyebrows repeatedly making Yin chuckled at her behavior.

"Here is not a place to sleep."

"Sleep in your room," War said loudly with his emotionless tone but it's enough to make Earn smirked as it's so obvious that the guy is jealous but his ego is against everything.

Earn came closer to Yin's ear and it made War more furrowed looking at them. "The person you like is jealous but he has a big ego," she whispered and Yin just smiled a little at her words.