PART 13: Predilection

┍━━━━━»•» «•«━┑
𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰. 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
┕━»•» «•«━━━━━┙

『𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑』

Don't you hate it when you're jealous of someone when you have no right to be? You're not dating them, yet you're still possessive of them, as if to say, 'no, they're MINE,' and it eats you up inside and makes you feel like a psycho.

I went to War's room and said to him I forgot to take my book but that's not the actual reason because I purposely didn't take my book in his bag as I wanted to use that as an excuse to spend more time with him.

But everything changed when I saw Pack in front of his room and they were holding hands. Did they really have something? Did War like him? But the way War treated and looked at me made me confident he still has the same feelings towards me.

Shit, Yin. When I saw someone else holding War's hand like that, I couldn't put into words how I felt. I know War doesn't like physical touch, so allowing Pack to hold his hand had to mean Pack held a special place in his heart, right?

But still, as I said before, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do.

I like him.

I love him.

But that doesn't give me the right to him because I'm only a friend of his, nothing more. I have no idea what's on his mind right now and for the time now, he only sees me as a friend, so he's free to do whatever he wants. Even though I felt so jealous and made my heart ache but the best I couldn't do was smile. I didn't want my jealousy to make him uncomfortable.

I went back to my room and drank some water to calm myself down.

Pookie?

I heard Pack call War that. What does that mean? I took a phone from my pocket and searched on the internet.

"Pookie is a common euphemism to describe something cute or it can be used as a nickname for a beloved one. For example, you tell your boyfriend/girlfriend 'I love you, pookie'."

What the fuck?! Does he have to be romantic and give War a nickname like this? And did War feel anything when Pack called him this? Did his heart pound fast?

Urghhhh, I hate thinking about that.

∘✧──────✧∘

SEVERAL DAYS LATER

"Do you think War and Pack have something?" I asked Off while we were walking to our class.

"It looks like Pack really likes him but I don't think they are more than friends."

"Why? Are you insecure because of Pack?" He poked my waist teasingly and I just let out a deep breath because I know Pack always treats War good since we were in high school, unlike me. So, it's not impossible if War likes him.

"You know Pack is War's ex boyfriend, right?"

"Yeah, I know."

"What if War chose him rather than me?" I looked at Off with 1001 emotions when I asked him that question because it's so painful to imagine if one day War with someone else and he loves that person so much.

He chuckled and circled his arm around my shoulder while we entered the class. "Relax dude. You're thinking so much."

"Yin! Off! We're here!" Bonz waved at us and I saw War looking at me. We walked to their seats and I sat beside him.