PART 25: Besotted

WAR POV

I played with my phone while waiting for Yin to come as we already promised to have breakfast together this morning. It's been a while since we had breakfast outside together, it's like we went back to our old routine. He came to my room and then we went to have breakfast together, just us.

I heard someone knock on the door and I instantly smiled. I brushed my hair a little bit and looked at myself in the mirror to make sure I looked fine, then I walked to open the door.

But the person in front of me now it's not the one I was waiting for.

"What are you doing here?"

"War, we need to talk."

He wanted to come inside but I blocked him. "Go back,Pack. I don't want Yin to misunderstand."

He furrowed looking at me. "What did you say? You didn't want Yin to misunderstand?" He asked.

"Yeah. We will talk later."

I wanted to close the door but he stopped me.

"I'm waiting for you to come to the hall yesterday but you didn't show up."

"You go to the field, don't you?"

I let out a sigh before opening my mouth. "I already told you not to wait for me. You know how I feel about you,Pack."

"And I always choose him over you."

"War..."

He walked closer to me and held my hand. "I really love-"

"What happens here?" Yin's voice startled me and I immediately smiled when I saw him but he didn't look at me instead he stared at my hand that Pack was holding, so I quickly pulled it.

"None of your business," Pack answered coolly and Yin looked at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Go back, Pack. We will talk later," I said as I wanted to clean things out with him once again that I didn't feel anything towards him. He's just my close friend, nothing more and I know I could never like anyone else other than Yin.

"War, please."

I pulled Yin's hand and came inside my room, closing the door without waiting for Pack to leave as I could see Yin's reaction. Even though he didn't say much but I know he didn't like what he saw and the fact that I used to lie to him that I like Pack makes me worry if he misunderstands the whole situation.

"Why did he come here?" Yin asked, using a cool tone like he tried to hide his jealousy but it was kinda obvious that he's jealous.

"He just-"

"It's okay. You don't need to tell me."

"I'm sorry for asking that," he let out a sigh and walked to sit on the sofa.

"Let's just eat instant noodles for breakfast. He may be still waiting for you outside."

I just replied 'okay' and made instant noodles for both of us. The atmosphere was deafeningly quiet because no one said anything while we were eating. I cast a peek at him but he remains silent.

He finished eating and wanted to stand up but I held his hand, making him stop.

"I really don't like him,Yin," I said.

"I know. You already told me."

"He said that me and him need to talk. That's why he came here."

"Talk about what?"

"I don't know...maybe about our feelings."

"Oh okay," he smiled a little before walking to the sink and washing his bowl.