PART 47: Covetousness

THREE DAYS LATER

YIN POV

"I'm going to take a shower. I will video call you after I'm done :p "

I sent War a message after I returned from helping my dad fix the car, so I could earn some money before the start of my next semester. My phone rang as soon as I left the bathroom after finishing my shower and my lips curled into a smile since I knew it was my boyfriend.

"Hello my ba—"

"Hello, Yin!"

I furrowed and checked the name on my phone again and it was Earn who called me.

"Aww, why do you call me?" I asked while drying my hair.

"You're so arroganttt. I'm not trying to flirt with youuu," she said and I simply chuckled.

"Okay, okay. Why do you call me?"

"I really thought War is the one who calls me."

"So, you aren't excited anymore because it's not War who called you?" She asked teasingly.

"Yeah, of course."

"Awww, you're so honest! My heart is hurt!"

I laughed and looked at my phone to check if there was any new message from my boyfriend.

"Yin, are you still there?"

"Yeah"

"Are you free tomorrow? I sent you a message but it's so hard for you to reply!"

"So conceited!"

"I'm not. I want to help my mom in the market," I answered.

"Emm, the day after tomorrow?"

"I'm—"

I didn't have time to say no when my phone vibrated, indicating there was a video call coming and I smiled from ear to ear to see War's name on the screen.

"I need to go now, Earn. My boyfriend calls me!"

"Goodbye!" I fastly ended the call and fixed my hair before answering War's video call.

As soon as I pressed the green button, my cute boyfriend's face displayed on the screen. "Hello, babyyy," I said cheerfully and he also smiled when looking at me.

"Are you just finishing a shower?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's so boring to shower without you," I pouted and lay on the bed.

"Yinnnn"

I chuckled as his cheeks started to blush again and every time he called my name like that, especially when he was shy, it really gave blossom to my heart and I'm in love to hear that, never feel boring.

"I miss you, Warrr," I screamed loudly, not knowing if my parents outside heard me but even if they did, they continued to act normally because they were used to my shrill screams of my longing for my boyfriend.

"I miss you too."

"But I miss my monkey more. Where is it?" He asked and I pouted before taking his monkey pillow and showed it to him.

"How can you miss this monkey more than your handsome boyfriend?"

He shrugged while smiling proudly. I acted like I was sulking with him but actually I just wanted his attention.

"You're so cute when you're sulking," he suddenly said while smiling broadly at me, revealing his cute dimples.

"Don't smile like that."