PART 27: Veracity

WAR POV

"Is that really your mom?"

I read Yin's message that made me smile widely while I was laying on my bed. Actually I know he was shocked and jealous when I answered the call and called my mom 'my love', maybe he thought I was talking to someone that I like. But the person I like is him, I just love to see his cute expression when he tries to hide his jealousy but it's too obvious. Just the way he looked at me said it all since it was the same look I gave him when I was envious when someone approached him.

"Secret :p," I replied, purposely wanting to tease him because he made me jealous this evening.

"Okay. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable for asking that."

He got offline after that. I sent a few messages to him but he didn't reply. Does he think I really already have someone? Of course nooo, I'm so obvious about my feelings for him through my action even though I never confess to him because I'm so fucking nervous!

I really wanted to say the word 'I love you' but every time I tried it, I felt my hand shake so much and my heart wanted to explode because of my nervousness.

I dialed his number and called him. After a few ringing, he answered my call but he said nothing.

"Yin, are you there?" I asked.

He just hummed.

"Are you mad at me?"

"I'm not," he answered briefly.

"Are you sleepy?"

He hummed again.

"Yinnnn," I called him using a cute tone.

"Hmmmmm"

I don't know if I should worry because he sulked at me or laughed as I couldn't help myself not to smile because he was so cute when he tried to hide his jealousy.

I looked at the watch and it's 11 pm now. "Can you come to my room?" I asked, hoping that he would come because suddenly I missed him so badly. Oh my God I'm so clingy!

How could I lie to my feelings before this?

How could I push him away before this?

Because for God's sake now I want him to always be with me.

He was silent,not answering. It's late now and maybe he is already ready to sleep.

I heard him open his room door."Who's coming?" I asked while hugging my pillow.

"I walk to your room now," he said, making me smile widely and bite my pillow. I think I am really crazy in love as just listening to his voice has already made me go crazy.

"Don't end the call. I need you to accompany me."

"Okayyyy Yinyin"

"Be careful. There are a lot of ghosts out there," I said.

"I'm not scared," he answered back arrogantly.

I mimicked back his response and we didn't stop talking until I heard him knock on my door. I smiled happily at him as I opened the door but he just gave me a bland expression, continuing his pouting despite the reality that I could see he was resisting the urge to smile.

"Why did you ask me to come here?" He asked and sat on the sofa, I sat cross-legged beside him while hugging the pillow.

"No reason," I said, keeping my eyes locked on him and he cleared his throat when he noticed my action.

I poked his cheek, making him startled and he looked at me while raising his eyebrows. "That's really my mom."

"You can check my phone if you want," I said.