PART 40: Amicable

YIN POV

The following morning, War was softly singing as I woke up and I felt him tracing patterns on my chest. I pretended to still be asleep out of concern that if he knew I was listening, he would stop singing. His voice is as lovely and heavenly as the rest of him.

He was laying on my arm like he always did and even though we were dripping with sweat after last night's love making, I could still smell his fragrant hair. I was about to say something when he stopped singing but he started singing again with a song I was familiar with, Angel Baby by Troye Sivan.

You came out the blue on a rainy night, no lie,
I'll tell you how I almost died,
While you're bringing me back to life,
I just wanna live in this moment forever.

Cause I'm afraid that living couldn't get any better,
Started giving up on the word forever,
Until you gave up heaven so we could be together,

You're my angel,
Angel baby, angel,
You're my angel, baby,
Baby, you're my angel,
Angel baby.

"You're my angel baby too," I interrupted and he instantly stopped singing, obviously startled by my voice and lifted his face to look at me with blush cheeks.

"Good morning, love," I smiled and gave him a peck kiss on his lips.

"Good morning," he replied shyly and moved to hide his face on my neck.

I couldn't stop smiling widely because of him and remembered our love making last night, making butterflies assault my stomach and my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't even put into words how it felt to make love to him and I wasn't even sure if there was a word to describe how I was feeling.

If he didn't ask me to stop last night because he was already tired, I probably would have continued to make love to him until morning. We did it because we love and want each other, thus the feeling we are having is bliss rather than just sex.

"Are you feeling pain anywhere?" I asked and rubbed his waist. We just wore boxers right now and used blankets to cover our bodies.

War shook his head to answer my question. He lifted his head and looked at me with so much intensity it caused my body to tingle and goose bumps slowly crept onto my skin. His hand reached up and cupped one side of my face in his palm. "You take good care of me," he said while smiling.

After our passionate night, War dozed down soundly and I took care of everything I needed to do. I changed the bedsheet, cleaned his body,so he wouldn't feel uncomfortable when he woke up the next morning and I put on his boxers. I also cleaned every mess we made as all the pillows and our clothes littered on the floor.

I moved my face closer to his and he did the same. "I will never forget about last night," I whispered while brushing his smooth cheek and staring at his swollen lips.

"Me too," War said breathlessly.

"I hope you...like it."

"More than like. I love it," I replied before closing the small distance between our lips. Even though it was a brief kiss, it made me feel whole inside. Our kiss stopped but I only moved so I could look into his eyes. For a brief moment, we shared eye contact before he averted his face away from mine.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm shyyy."

His cheek was red and I placed my lips against it, feeling the heat of his skin warm my lips.

"I'm crazy about you." I kissed his cheek deeply and pulled him closer until there was no more space between us. Even the air couldn't get close enough to us.