Part 3

M A N I K

I chuckled at my mom. Nyonika Malhotra. Terror for all the people who wants to demean her but sweeter than sugar.

She is running here and there ordering all the servants and family members, my friends are on their toes running everywhere as if they were dancing in a ball.

Mom is so excited about the marriage infact more than me. Just looking into her eyes I can say she is on cloud nine with all the happenings around her.

I still couldn't believe this woman loves me so much even more than she loves my dad she was okay with me marrying a girl who is in love with someone else and is still smiling with her eyes so brightly that even this mansion doesn't glow as much as her eyes does.

I promise mom, I will do everything to keep this smile on your face forever and wouldn't let that fade no matter what.

A sad smile made on to my face when I remembered what Nandini messaged me a few days ago before the rituals of marriage started.

"I know you have high expectations on this but I'm so sorry that I won't be able to give myself to you after oour marriage. I need time and I am not able to bring myself for that" her words echoed in my mind showing it as a film in repeat agin and again.

But I know she will get over him soon or I just hope for that. I was never in love with someone except s..her. leave it, that wasn't even love but I know it will be hard for her. I will definitely help her to get over this and try to be the best husband for her.

"Come on Manik we gotta go now, it's time" My dad, Raj malhotra called out for me before setting the Sehra on my head bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Ab bada lag raha hai tu " He chuckled before hugging me tightly and I hugged him back with a smile, tears forming in my eyes slightly for god knows what.

(You look old enough now)

I wiped them secretly before breaking the hug.

"Shall we leave?" I asked when mom came and kept tilak on my face and I scrunched my nose.

"Awe Manik so excited to get married I see, don't worry the bride won't run away" Cabir, my best friend said in a baby voice making others laugh but I glared at him before started chasing him but mom twisted my ear before I start running making Cabir smirk.

Douche.

"Uff mom, leave me please" I whined at her making everyone around us laugh.

"Let's go" she said making my heart flutter in happiness as her lips curled up. For everything mom did to me, keeping her happy is the only way I can thank her.

I thought before hugging her and kissed her forehead when a flash of surprise crossed her features and disappeared in a second.

Both mom and dad stood on either side of mine while Cabir was walking behind us while Dhruv was waiting for us in the car.

Mom ordered servants to get everything ready before Nandini entered the house for the first time.

Dhruv is my best friend before being my brother, we just have an year difference and he is my best buddy.

He is as excited as mom for this wedding and Dad, let's just not say about him, he loves Nandini more than me already.

He always wanted a girl child and when we were kids, he used to doll us up in frocks and take pictures of us, I swear that was so embarrassing but I don't really understand why he loves girls so much.

That's always beyond my understanding. Shaking my head, I sat in the passenger seat while my parents sat on the back seat along with Cabir and Dhruv started the car.

Cabir doesn't have his parents and practically lives in our house most of the time even though he have his other family members but he prefers us and I'm glad he does.

Mom and dad loves three of us together equally that makes me adore them more.

My thoughts came to a halt when I felt the car stopping more like sudden breaks that are ready to smash my face but I managed not to damage my face.

I frowned when I saw black smoke coming out of the car. I opened the door and came out and opened the bonnet and immediately backed away due to the smoke.

Soon, Dhruv, Cabir and mom and dad got out too.

"I'll call a mechanic and ask one of our drivers to bring another car. Until the marriage is done, this car will be in the function hall" Dhruv said before taking his mobile out of his pocket making us sigh.

Seeing a park near by, we walked there and sat on the benches. Mom, dad and Cabir were talking to themselves while I'm thinking about Nandini.

God I don't know why I'm talking so much, this is so not me, I'm so quiet, cold hearted and ruthless business man to everyone out there who shakes to even make eye contact with me but I'm clearly surprised how Nandini sees me directly looking into my eyes without any fear.

Until I know, she was okay with this marriage too except the fact that she doesn't adjust with new people easily and is a bit introverted.

Leaving her love and letting another male enter into her life is really hard for her.

I just hope everything will be okay because mom doesn't know that Nandini is not ready for the first night yet.

I mean how will I tell mom that her daughter in law is not ready for this new change and new family in her life yet which is going to happen in a few minutes? I just hope nothing gets messed up.