part 14

NANDINI'S POV

I looked at Mukti dumbfounded. WHat the actual fuck? How did they even found that?

I took a deep breath and said "Mukti I didn't planned to elope." She looked at me mockingly. I can say she isn't believing me.

"TRust me Mukti I didn't plan to run away. Before the night of the wedding, MAdhyam managed to  stuck into my room secretly and I was unaware of that until he dragged me to the terrace palming my mouth tightly. I tried to remove his hand but his grip was so tight." The thought alone gives me a panic attack.

"He let me go after that but kept a knife on my throat making sure I won't scream. He gave me that ticket and said that I have to run away with him when I go to college after my marriage. He said he loves me and couldn't live without me and so was I. So he said that was his plan and he will come to college to take me." That was crazy.

"He kept the knife on my neck until I reach my room and I couldn't throw it in dustbin because if anyone finds that out, they'll kill us. So I hid it and thought of burning it away and didn't got any chance to do that today. Hell I was about to ask you guys to burn it." I was scared for life for the first time ever.

I love Madhyam but I wanted to marry him with my parents choice not running away or something.The sudden change in his behaviour is scaring me.

He will be lovable once and the next moment, he behaves as if someone possessed him. He is being a psychopath nowadays. I don't want to run away.

Mukti removed something from the pocket and showed it to me. THe ticket. My breath hitched at it. It was slightly crumpled but it looked fine. I caressed it with my hands when she gave me another ticket I suppose of Madhyam's.

I held both of them in my both hands and looked at them. I felt as if I'm cheating on Manik. He trusted me that I will be loyal to him. I can't do this.

I don't know about Madhyam but I already tied a knot with Manik and this isn't something I can erase just like that. I'm marrie to a person and I can't think about another man.

Maybe this is what marriage does to us. I can't break this sacred relation now. It's too late for that and I want to give this a chance.

I know this will be hard for me and Manik but if he is ready to accept me even after knowing that I had a lover who made ruckus on our marriage day and he still gave me a chance, I can't destroy his trust and loyalty.

I just can't. I know if Madhyam loves me truly, he will definitely move on even if it takes some time. EVen though that stungs to think like that, maybe it is what good for us. I didn't realise I kept staring at them until MUkti shook me.

I looked at her, my eyes filled with tears and now I know she is guilty. She hugged me tightly and mumbled a sorry. I shook my head wiping my tears.

If I was in her place, I would have killed the other person for backstabbing a person like Manik when he was being so kind and careful even after knowing the shit I did.

I not only just announced my love on our roka day but even tried to destroy engagement rings and my wedding lehenga and I behaved like a brat while pre wedding photoshoot and video shoot.

I didn't backed out at any place to cancel this marriage but he was so patient with me. NOw I really feel guilty for being an ass. I didn't know what got into me.

All I wanted was not to leave Madhyam and in that daze, I didn't realise that I'm troubling everyone around me.

Mukti and Navya had to deal with my suicidal state while Alia had a hard time managing my preparations and handling my parents.

Hell she was the one who packed most of my things to Malhotra mansion because I was so rude to everyone for the past four months because I didn't want to leave Madhyam.

For one guy whom I met few years ago, I tried to destroy everything I have in my life. And my parents, Mukti had to manage ABhimanyu because he used to lose his control whenever I used to speak shit regarding marriage and Manik.

I was so blind in my selfishness that I didn't saw any other person who once were my world.

And Nyonika aunty and Raj uncle, they still accepted me like their daughter even after I told them in the rudest way possible that I can't marry their son. God I suck.

Aiyappa please maaf kardo mujhe I'll behave and be careful from now on and won't hurt anyone around me.

"I will give this marriage a chance heartfully, there is no Madhyam in my life anymore" I said it aloud and wiped my tears.

Navya and Alia grinned while Mukti chuckled in between her tears. I was about to say something when the door burst opened revealing my husband and his friends.

He smiled looking at me and came towards me. His gaze fell on the papers in my hands. uh-oh. He grabbed them from my hands and turned them looking at the tickets.

"Manik" I mumbled and was about to say when he walked to the bed and grabbed a lighter from the desk and burnt the tickets in his hands.

HIs eyes were completely red as he looked at me, his jaw set tight as his nerves started popping out on his arms. God he is taking it in a wrong way.

"GUys get out leaving me and my wife alone" He said, his voice cold. Cabir and Dhruv ran away while my friends held my hands.

"MAnik listen" Mukti was about to say something when he cut her off saying "I want to talk to my wife just leave us alone."

I held Mukti's hand and nodded my head in no. I mumbled a please and sent them away. Alia was the last one and she shut the door softly mumbling that her best friend's husband is khadoos.

Manik reached to me in five long strides as he dropped the lighter off on the ground and tickets already turned into ashes. He held my arms tightly before I can speak. He kept his finger on my lips stopping me from speaking anything.