16

NANDINI 

I smiled as he let go of me and took a step back, creating some distance between us.

“It’s time for dinner I guess” he mumbled, making me chuckle. We got married at night time. I Couldn't help it, the muhurat was so auspicious and the muhurat was 6:20 P.M.

And now it's 12 in the night. I got married yesterday. That thought alone was enough to give me goosebumps. 

“I’m so tired I want to sleep” I mumbled slowly and lifted my head to find him glaring at me. I pouted, batting my eyelashes.

Something I do in front of my dad and brother to get the things done in my way and it always worked. Let’s hope Manik is not immune to it. His eyes softened for a second before he sighed. 

“I’ll get the food” He said, making me pout more. I don’t want to eat, which sentence of my line he didn’t understand? Wait, why the hell did we get ready at midnight? I made a crying face before removing my dupatta and the small chain I wore. 

I let the bangles be on my hands as mom said the new bride should always look like she is going for a function. Why the hell should I get ready for brushing my teeth? I don’t have any idea. But I’m too tired to argue. I kept my hair in a bun and removed my ear rings. 

Night suits are bliss. People have to promote night suits as national clothes and allow us to wear them for functions and colleges too.

I thought to myself as the door opened and my husband walked in with two plates filled with food in his hands and closed the door with his leg. Good going husband. 

He went to the couch in the room and kept the plates on the small teapoy and gestured to me to come.

I stomped my feet to him and sat beside him. Someone come and feed me. My hands are so lazy at this moment. Roti, dal, biryani and noodles. Looks tasty but I’m really not willing to.

 “Stop eyeing food like it’s your enemy and eat it” Manik said and grabbed his plate and started eating. Rude. I huffed folding my hands and closed my eyes leaning on the sofa.

Two minutes and I’ll be in my dream world waiting for my prince. But I just got married. Urgh how many times do I have to remind myself that I’m married?

I opened my eyes as I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked at my husband who was looking at me apologetically. I gave him a tired smile when he lifted a plate and took a spoon full of biryani and kept it in front of my mouth. 

I shook my head in no, frowning and he glared at me again. Awe my personal glaring machine. Yeah, got the sarcasm? Not at all aweing. I glared back at which he chuckled.

 "Come on kitten, open your mouth." I opened my mouth, my cheeks tinted red as he chuckled again making me want to strangle him with the noodles on my plate. He slowly fed me and I ate half roti and I was full. 

I showed my palm and he sighed this time shaking his head making me grin internally. He washed his hands and took the plates when the door opened revealing Dhruv who took plates from Manik and gave both of us a sly look walking away. 

Manik locked the door and turned to me, folding his hands. I smiled at him nervously. Are we seriously going to do it? Even before I could open my mouth, I yawned. Eh.

Ways to go to Nandini. I was drinking water when I heard him "lay on bed" and choked out the water and started coughing. 

What the actual hell? He hurried his steps towards me and patted my head softly as tears formed in my eyes.

''Shh shh calm down. I was asking you to sleep on the bed, I'll take the couch" Manik explained himself calmly. It took me a few moments to calm down as he kept patting my head softly.

"Manik the couch will be small for you, I'll take the couch, you sleep on bed" I told him keeping my head back in the previous position.

"It's fine I'll adjust Nandini take the bed" Manik replied making me frown. 'Manik you sleep on bed" I said. "No Nandini you should" Manik said again.

"You should Manik."

"You should Nandini."

"Manik, listen to me and take the bed."

"Nandini sleep on bed quietly."

"I'm sleeping here. Do whatever you want" I said turning my back to him as he stood there. Can't he understand that I don't want him to adjust? I felt him kneel infront of me but I pretended to sleep and closed my eyes. 

"Doing good job as a wife for making sure your husband is comfortable wifey" he said and pecked my head. I controlled my smile when I felt him wrap my hands around my shoulder and other around my knees lifting me in air make me shriek.

"Manik put me down" I said glaring him. "You sure?" He asked and I nodded frowning.

 Isn't it what I asked? "Your wish then" He said before throwing me and I palmed my face. His laugh made me frown and I opened my eyes and realised that he threw me on bed.

I glared at him and laid on bed on the right side. He chuckled again. God may this man could die laughing on me. I felt the other side of the bed dipping and I know he is sleeping beside me.

I was about to get up when I felt something soft behind me and turned around to find him arranging pillows between us like a wall. Can this man be anymore sweet?