part 9

N A N D I N I

I don't know what I'm going to do with this life but all I want to do is to cry my heart out.

Manik walked to my parents to take blessings but even before touching their feet, I threw my hands around my dad and started crying loudly like a kid who was sent to first day of school forcefully.

My dad wrapped his arms around me and cried along with me. This is the first time I saw him crying. He didn't cried even when his mom left this world. That made me cry more.

"Shh princess everything will be fine. We are still your family and doors are always open for you" dad said softly as he patted my head softly but I just couldn't stop crying.

"I don't want to leave you papa please mat bhejo mujhe. Aapse dur nahi jaana mujhe aisa mat karo na. Let me be with you guys I don't want to leave any of you" I tightened my hold on him as I sobbed into his chest trying to get a hold on myself.

(I don't want to leave you dad, please don't send me away, I don't want to be away from you.)

The two months of depression is draining me very badly and I need to cry real hard. Separation from parents is the hardest thing for a dad's princess like me. I couldn't live without them no matter what.

I felt a hand on my shoulder separating me from my dad and suddenly a wave of panic rushed through me making my eyes go wide at the sudden contact but I was embraced in a pair of strong arms engulfing me completely hiding me from the whole world.

His scent filled my nostrils calming me almost immediately as I wrapped my hands around him and sobbed.

"Bhai please aap papa ko bolo na mujhe nahi bhejne ko. I don't want to leave you. Agar mein chali jaungi toh aap kiske saath fight karoge? Kisko bahar lejaoge? Kisko bolke papa ko convince karaoge for going out? Who will let you inside the house safely when you go out sneakily? Please mujhe nahi jaana don't leave me na" I'm hiccuping at this point but I couldn't care less. I don't want to leave them.

(Bhai please ask dad to not to send me away. If I leave, who are you going to fight with? Who'll be your date partner? Who'll convince dad for sending you out? Please don't leave me)

He held me tighter and rubbed my back soothingly and said softly "bacche we are not leaving you. It's just one hour travel from Manik's house to ours and as dad said, you are always welcome and this will be your house no matter what . We are always there for you baby. You will not be alone. Please stop crying. Bhai can't see tears in his princess' eyes" he broke the hug and wiped my tears and I saw tears in his eyes too.

I don't know why only girls have to leave their house after their marriage.

I hugged mom tightly after that and cried for a while and she sobbed with me. I will miss her.

The family that made me learn everything from crawling to being independent never made me learn about how to live without them.

I don't know whether I'll survive this or not. She broke the hug and kissed my forehead for long time before the rituals for kanyadaan started.

My dad and mom along with Abhimanyu stood beside me giving my hand to Manik and his family. My friends and his friends were looking at me maybe thinking that I'll cry again which is sure I'll but I'm so exhausted by now.

Time passed quickly and it's time for me to go to Malhotra manor. Mukti gave me a handful of puffed rice and asked me to throw it behind while mom caught them, Manik was with me all the time beside me.

He was just there and I'm glad for that. I threw the rice behind me as tears welled up in my eyes again.

Abhimanyu hugged me the moment I threw the rice behind and didn't said anything. I hugged him back feeling the warmth for the last time.

Even though I know I will meet him again, I already started to feel distant as if something changed and it actually did.

I'm not Nandini Murthy anymore. And that change honestly scared me. Pushing my thoughts aside I decide to feel his warmth until it lasts. He didn't said anything nor did I. But I know he'll understand my silence.

A hand on my shoulder made me frown as I looked to a side and found Manik keeping his hand on both of our shoulders.

"I promise Abhimanyu, I may not be the best husband but I'll make sure she won't cry and even if she did, they will be only happy tears. She is my responsibility now" he said directly looking into my eyes making my heart flutter in happiness.

I bore my eyes into his, while he smiled slightly as Abhimanyu broke the hug and warned "you better do that Manik. She is my princess and I won't bear a single tear from her eyes" and Manik nodded his head.

"Sure thing Manik, break her heart, we'll break your face" I heard someone saying and looked behind Manik to find Cabir, Dhruv and my friends and it was Cabir who said that.

Manik looked slightly offended for that and said "what do you think I'm? A cold blooded murderer? Why the fuck will I make her cry or break her heart?" Manik growled making me laugh.

Cabir who saw this blew me a flying kiss and I acted like I catched it chuckling. This guy is cute. He always made sure I'm comfortable and pulled away Manik everytime when I felt like I needed space. Ten extra points for him.

"Let's go home" Manik said and extended his hand to me. I looked at my brother who held my palm and kept it in Manik's palm.

Cabir opened the door of the car that was decorated for marriage and Navya helped me climb inside.

Manik locked the door before going to the other side and sat beside me. Abhimanyu pushed the car from behind along with Cabir and Dhruv as a ritual. I didn't look back at mom and dad again because I know I will cry again.

Manik handed me a hanky and asked me to wipe my face and I was glad for that.

"You can remove the jewelry for now and wear them when you reach home" Manik said and I nodded my head eagerly. The jewelry was too heavy to bear.

My earring got stuck with the chain of my maang teeka making me frown. I tried pulling it again and hissed as my hair got slightly pulled and my ear hurts with the heavy earrings.

Manik pushed my hand away slowly and removed the ear ring slowly and carefully with utmost care.

He whispered in my ear softly "it's not bad to ask help from your husband Nandini Manik Malhotra" making my heart beat faster and my cheeks tinted red and I'm sure he could hear my beating heart.

He removed my earring softly and kept it on my lap and I removed my other earring mumbling slowly "I loved the way my name sounds now."

"So do I" he said making my eyes go wide. It wasn't supposed for him to hear. My heart started beating fast again as I kept my hand on my heart and took deep breaths while Manik just laughed again.

One thing is for sure, Manik Malhotra will surely give me a heartattack.