40

Nandini

After a few minutes, I separated myself from him and went down after pressing another kiss on his forehead to get dinner.

I was standing on the stairs when I realised I have red stain of his blood on my back and my foot is still lightly bleeding.

I called Dhruv by my mobile and walked to our room and stood infront of the door. Dhruv came after a few minutes.

"Is everything okay bhabhi?" Frown was etched on his face with concern. I smiled at him nervously and nodded my head.

"Do you want me to do something?" He asked hesitantly, not understanding why I called him when he was just on the next floor to ours.

"Can you get dinner for me and Manik from down?" I asked knowing I have to answer him.

"I will, but what happened? Why are you sticking to the door like that? Did he hurt you?" His eyes darkened at the end and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"No he didn't hurt me. He could never" I said, suddenly feeling protective of Manik.

"Sorry bhabhi but you look scared and kind of on edge" he admitted, embarrassed for talking about his brother like that.

I sighed. "He broke glass items in the room and the broken pieces stuck in his palm and one got cut deep. And I got that blood on my back. I aided it for now but he needs to get treated tomorrow. Room is a complete mess and I can't change my outfit without hurting myself in there and I don't want maa to panic seeing blood" I said honestly and turned back showing him my back.

He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Let's take him to the hospital right now" Dhruv exclaimed.

"He cried Dhruv. He is like he is not the person I knew" I admitted and Dhruv looked surprised more than worried.

"He cried?" He asked, not believing my words.

"He cried for like almost half an hour" I repeated.

"Thank God. He never cried after that incident. Now he can breath a little atleast " Dhruv ranted, for a moment forgetting that I was there.

"Excuse me?" I asked getting confused.

"Nothing bhabhi, you are the best. Just make sure he won't bleed anymore, I'll make sure mom won't come up or check on you guys but just change your top anyways. That looks scary. He might believe he actually hurted you if he looks at that" he said pointing at the blood stains. I have it even on the front of my top when I was aiding his hand. He bled alot.

I just nodded my head as he got down and pondered over his words. Manik didn't hurt me but what did he even mean? Manik would hurt a woman? I don't think so. But Dhruv is his brother and he knows him better.

Did he hurted someone in the past physically? Is it the guilt of hurting a woman physically that is hurting him this bad? He looks traumatized.

Like he regrets something that he doesn't have control over. He looks scared and lost. The urge to hide him from everything overpowered the anger I was feeling at that moment for his self harming.

I need to know what happened exactly. To know what broke him to an extent that he didn't even cry when something bad happened and he broke down after long, and the hurricane inside, it looks like he did this often that maa and Dhruv knew how his reaction would be if they entered inside and they stopped themselves from doing that.

But Dhruv looks normal. Did something happened only to Manik? I need to find it if I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him.

No secrets. And he needs to know that he can share if he is suffering inside. We took marriage vows together, he didn't do it alone and I'm going to be with him in his happiness, sadness, anger, guilt, regret and every emotion he goes through.

"Here bhabhi" Dhruv came with a tray filled with mac and cheese. Damn that's the dinner we want when we have a bad or hectic day.

"Thank you so much Dhruv" I said, taking the tray from him.

"No mention bhabhi, call me if you need something else. Do you want me to get some painkillers for him?" Dhruv asked, his eyes reflecting how much he loves his brother.

"I guess he needs them. Please get them" I murmured. "Bhabhi you are bleeding" he looked shocked, looking at the floor. Oh damn my feet. There were just few drops of blood. I removed the piece whatever was pricking me but blood instantly started coming out.

"Aah I didn't noticed, don't worry, it's just a small prick. I'll put something on it be quiet" I whined at the end. That brought a smile on his face.

"Better, you go rest I'll check Manik. Have dinner and sleep tight" I ruffled his hair and wished him good night before going inside and closed the door behind me quietly. He was still sitting in the same place. I sighed.

"Manik" I called him but he didn't respond. God.

"Manik" I raised my voice and he turned his head towards me. "Sit on bed" I commanded. He looked like he didn't hear me. I bit my lip when my wound got hurt again and walked quietly to the bed and patted the place beside me.

"Baby please" I tried softly again. His eyes instantly travelled to me.

"Come to me" I whispered, hiding my wound throwing my scarf on the ground and pressed my foot on it when he was getting up. No way I'm letting him see it. I don't want him to drown in the pool of guilt again.

He came and sat right infront of me, his eyes looking unfazed like he was some robot with no feelings. I fed him in silence without speaking anything and ate my dinner simultaneously while he looked into oblivion without any reaction.

Bless me with some patience for tonight because it is going to be a long day.