64

Nandini

Groaning at the heat as soon as I left the classroom, I walked through the corridor, my heart filled with happiness as I finished my exam in just half time, I entered my hand in my pocket, only to realise I forgot my mobile in Manik’s car.

How the hell am I going to call him now? Whining to myself knowing I have to wait for any of my friends to come out so that I can call Manik from their mobile, I walked to the cafeteria when I spotted a familiar car in the parking lot, my brows furrowed.

Black mercedes. Manik’s? Narrowing my eyes at the car number, I realised it was Manik.

I thought he said he was having a meeting after he dropped me here after my embarrassing dialogue.

Luckily, he shrugged it off with a chuckle and hugged me, keeping my nerves at bay and his magic worked. I never gave my exam this enthusiastically and confidently.

I walked to the car and saw him sleeping in the driver’s seat, the seat adjusted back for a comfortable position. He’s not going to drive after sleep so I walked to the cafeteria without disturbing him and got two coffees and sandwiches in a bag.

Every relationship is a two way street isn’t it? And maa said he is a foodie, so he better feel good.

Walking back to the car, I spotted Dhruv’s car that took my mind back to the whole week after Harshad’s fascio.

I wanted to Talk to Dhruv but then I realised he is an adult but then, I’d just ask Manik if he wants to talk about this to Dhruv.

Knocking on Manik’s side window softly not to startle him, I waited for him to wake up. He didn’t.

Huffing, I knocked the door a bit harshly and he sat up in a single moment. He looked at me and kept looking at me for a few moments from the closed window until he realised he was awake before unlocking the doors.

Chuckling, I walked to the other side. He opened the door from the inside, making my heart flutter at the smallest gestures.

Sitting inside, I already found the seat back in the driving position, him rubbing his eyes with his closed fists was adorable for some reason. And he is going to kill me if I voice it out so I’m keeping quiet.

“You scared me woman” he muttered with a chuckle.

“Not everyone gets the chance Manik” I teased, handing him coffee and sandwich and he took them happily, unwrapping the sandwich first.

Glad I got cold coffee. I thought as I started eating mine.

“I thought your exam lasted 3 hours?” He asked, chewing his food.

“I thought you had a meeting as soon as you dropped me?” I questioned back. He playfully glared at me, repeating his question.

“Questions were easy and I did it in time” I replied with a grin.

“That’s awesome” he replied, his eyes looking around.

“What about your meeting Manik?” I asked with a frown. I appreciate his gestures but I hate it when he postpones his work for me. I know how hard he works for it.

“Come on Nandu, it’s your first exam and it’s just one day, I postponed it” he replied quietly, making me glare at him.

“Stop pushing your work away for me Manik” I scolded him softly, drinking my coffee.

“All the other wives would jump in happiness if their husbands left their work for them” He mocked with mischief in his eyes. I punched his arm and turned to the window, eating quietly.

He grabbed my arm gently and turned me to him. I ducked my head down, refusing to look at him.

“Nandu,” He called sweetly. I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

Grabbing my chin, he made me look at him, a frown on his face.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it in a wrong way, it was too late when I realised you forgot your mobile and I wanted to make sure Harshad and Madhyam won’t be in your vicinity. Moreover, who doesn’t want to spend their time with their precious wife?” The smile on his face made me forget that I was mad at him.

And I blamed Maa’s genes for it.

“Stop buttering me” I replied, swatting his hand away, just to piss him off.

“You can’t be mad at me for being concerned about you” He replied disbelievingly.

“I can be mad at you all the time” I replied with a tight lipped smile.

“Oh come on, I’m sorry” He replied, fishing a big bar of chocolate from his pocket and waving it in front of me.

“You are bribing me” I narrowed my eyes at him, taking the chocolate from his hands.

“Is it working?” He teased me.

“Absolutely” I grinned, already feeding on the chocolate. He chuckled, starting the car.

“You can drop me in the morning of exams Manik, but you need to work, you can’t neglect it” I stood on my statement strongly.

“Then suggest to me what to do” he shrugged carelessly, his eyes trailed on the road.

“Drop me in the mornings, I can come to our company after finishing my exam with a driver” I said, my mind still revolving around Alia.

Mukti was giving her the cold shoulder while I simply ignored her existence. Sucks but it is what it is.

Because even though not as much as Mukti, Alia knows not to bring Harshad to me and Mukti when he cheated on her badly and she knows Harshad triggers Madhyam’s memories in my head.

Bhai and Mukti are together, the only good thing that was happening in this thing, it brought them closer.

I noted a few things about the note in the bathroom and told Manik I’ll reveal everything after my exams and made him get a copy of the cameras that week so that I could glimpse on anyone.

Lets just say my mind is a mess, my husband and exams are the only things that are keeping me sane, and I don’t dare to forget Maa’s tasty food and Papa’s chess game with me every night.

I found a home here.