52

Manik

“Nandini” I rushed to her and knelt infront of her, cupping her face in my palms as tears rolled down her cheeks, breaking my heart.

“Ma.. manik” She tried to speak between her sobs when I went closer and hugged her tight, her petite frame fitted in my arms perfectly like she was tailor made for me.

She clutched my shirt like a baby, fisting it in her palms as she hid her face in my neck, like she doesn’t want to see me but she needs my comfort.

I’m just overthinking, I thought to myself as I wrapped my arm around her knees while another went around her shoulder despite her clutch on me and lifted her in bridal style.

“We will come down later mom, please don’t let anyone inside” I whispered to my mom slowly, scared that even speaking loud could hurt Nandini.

She is too hurt and I’m too scared. She hid her face in my neck, her hands went around my neck as I walked to our room.

I kicked the door with my foot and entered inside my room and placed her on bed softly but her hold was still tight.

“Nandu, just a second baby, I’ll be back” I muttered softly, pressing a kiss over her head.

“No please…” her voice broke as she almost choked. I patted her head softly and my gaze went to her cheek where the fingerprints of her mom were still there.

“I can’t see those finger prints on your face please, it makes me want to kill them for hurting you, let me do something about that before I end up harming them” I pleaded, my voice filled with restraint because what I uttered right now was true.

I can’t believe her mom slapped her when she was nowhere at fault. I caressed her hair as she laid her head on my chest.

“You won’t do anything to them” she muttered hiccuping. I can’t believe she still wants them to have no consequences when they touch my wife.

“There will be consequences for touching what’s mine” I said to her, not even trying to hide my possessiveness and protectiveness towards her, after today she’d want more assurance and the fact I’m already hiding about princess would give her reasons for insecurity, I won’t add many.

She shivered under my touch that just increased my protective nature for her. Don't stop me from getting up Nandini.

I won't hold back because I can't digest the fact that you let them walk over with them hurting you for years and you still do the same. They might be your parents but they don't deserve to have a beautiful soul like you.

I kissed her head for a few moments as my hand slid to her cheek as she heard my heart beating for her and at that moment, I knew I'd do everything in my hands to protect her. It even might include killing someone.

She grabbed my hand that was holding her cheek and gave a light press, as if supporting me and stopping me at the same time. But I chose the former one because I don't want to yell at her.

I got up slowly and surprisingly, she didn't stop me. Good for her.

I walked to the small kitchen on our floor where we have a fridge and bought some butter and ice cream. I hope it makes her mood a little better.

I sat on the chair in the kitchen and took a few deep breaths, trying to gain my composure. Your wife is important Manik, not killing them, she'd end up crying if you hurt them.

Control for her please. She needs you right now. Don't let her down like you did princess before. It's going to be okay. You can punish her parents in a different way where they can't even reach her for help.

I have an urge to get drunk and break everything and I'd be doing it by now if not for the soul that fills me up with everything and empties me in a second that is on the bed just a few feet away from me, waiting for me to hold her.

I sighed and walked inside the room holding a chocolate ice cream tub and an ice pack with butter in my hands, only to find the bed empty.

My heart went into a state of panic as I looked around to spot her but couldn't. Did she leave? Was she hurt again? Is she doing something to herself? How did she even walk when her foot was hurt? She was crying, I could have noticed her if she left.

I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on sounds after calming myself. Walk-in closet. Her bangles sound.

I rushed to the walk-in closet to find her collapsed on the ground, her hands wrapped around her knees as she buried her face in them, crying as her shoulder shook badly.

I rushed to her and dropped the things beside her before kneeling in front of her.

I gently wrapped my fingers around her wrist, trying to lose her hold on herself. She's being so hard on herself about this.

She looked up at me and the way she was looking at me with a broken heart, her eyes filled with tears, her nose red as she bit her lip, trying to stop her sobs literally tore my heart apart.

I cupped her cheeks softly and pulled her over me, before laying on the floor with her on top of me. She had her hands wrapped around my torso as she laid her head on my chest, sobbing like a little baby.

My baby. No one gets away hurting you Nandini, not even myself. I grabbed the ice pack with my hand carefully without shuffling much before I pressed it slightly over her cheek. I don't want her cheek to swell and see her crying over it until it fades away completely.

"As much as so damn adorable you are with your cute red nose and puffy eyes like a baby, I won't appreciate it when you fall sick and hurt yourself sweetheart" I said softly, putting the ice pack aside as I brushed my knuckles over her cheek in a gentle manner, making sure it won't hurt her.

"I know you'll take care of me even then" her voice was barely a whisper as she cried silently and damn me if it didn't squeeze my heart.

Mi corazón.. ❤️