60

Nandini

"You do know that you have me no matter what right?" Abhimanyu asked, ruffling my hair lightly, like he used to do. I nodded my head, hugging him.

Whenever I need my father figure or someone who could make me feel safe, it is only him and I'm grateful that I have him.

"Thanks for always being there Abhi, you mean alot to me" I said sincerely.

"You are my little treasure baby doll and I'm so proud of you. I promised to protect you the moment I held you in my arms. I might have failed before but I'm planning to make up for it. I'm just a call away" He planted a kiss on my forehead, his fingers brushing my cheek softly.

"I love you" I rarely tell him but whenever I say, I make sure he knows that I do.

"I love you more , take care and I'll handle Mukti, don't worry and keep me updated on what you are doing" He whispered the last part in my ear making me grin. How can I forget  he was my partner in crime half of the time.

"Take care of yourself too," I said firmly. He chuckled but I stared at him.

"I have your bestfriend to take care of me" He winked at me, breaking the hug.

Can he be anymore obvious? I shook my head in disbelief. He is more whipped than whipped cream and I've never been this proud of my best friend.

"Call me if you need anything" Mukti said, hugging me tight as Abhimanyu stepped back. I hugged her back, grateful that she walked into my life. I better take her on a date after my exams.

Navya and Alya hugged me, Alya apologised for not informing and I just nodded my head, not knowing what to say. I wish she chose us over him when she knew what that meant to Mukti.

Abhimanyu hugged me for one last time, like giving me some of his strength before they left, leaving me with Manik alone.

"So now, can I know what my brother-in-law meant when he was giving me sly glances?" Manik asked, pulling me to him.

"You'll know it soon hubby, by night, but you need to go work, I'll just take a picture of it and join you" I said, nudging him to go.

"Are you on periods?" He asked, like he is concerned.

"Not every women secrets has to do anything with periods Mr.Malhotra" I said, flicking his nose with mischief filled my eyes.

"Mrs.Malhotra, you better tell me whatever is running in your head" He said, his voice firm and funny at the same time.

"I'll, you do have the CCTV footage of the office connected to your mobile and laptop right?" I asked, if what I'm thinking is right, I might need footage of the week.

He looked surprised but nodded his head and he didn't ask me any questions, I'm grateful for that.

"Call me if you need anything" He said, his hand reaching the back of my head and kissing my forehead before he left, his display of affection overwhelming me suddenly.

"Manik'' I called him. He stopped walking and turned to me. I think he needs to know this. But when he looks at me with those brown orbs, I turn mute. He raised his eyebrows and I shook my head in no. He gave me a smile that  made my breath stuck in my throat as he walked away, shaking his head.

I think I'd want to write it and give it to him. I walked to the washroom and clicked a picture of it. I looked around to find something that could help me but nothing did, until my eyes fell on the dustbin that was beside the bathroom cabinet when I was washing my hands.

"Nandini" Manik called out and I sighed, rushing outside knowing he'd start yelling my name if I don't go soon.

"Coming Manik" I replied as I ran out, closing the door behind me. Glad he didn't close the room door. Walking out, I saw the door closing, followed by the library shelf.

"What happened?" I asked as I saw him being on the call. He pointed at the small table in front of the couch he was sitting on, laptop in his lap.

I sat beside him, looking at lunch. Rice, dal, potato fry and thick curd with sweet. I'd kill someone for this.

I tapped my feet on the ground waiting for him to end the call. His brows furrowed as he looked at me. I raised my eyebrows.

He shook his head and typed something on laptop, turning it to me.

'This call is important and it might take a while, you start eating' my heart fluttered at his concern but I shook my head in disbelief.

I'd want to eat with him. I picked up the plate and he turned the laptop to himself as he continued to talk about construction of a chain of hotels.

I mixed rice with dal and started feeding him. He showed me his eyes for the first time but I glared at him. Sighing, he started eating.

Congratulations Nandini, he listens to you. I waited as he chewed his food and continued feeding him, until he was done.

With one hand holding his mobile and the other one tapping on the keyboard, his hands were pretty busy, giving me time to admire my man. My man?

I ate after I fed him, scrolling through my mobile as I was getting bored now. How long is he going to talk? I ate slowly, my appetite died all of a sudden and I went inside the room to wash my hands.

Coming back, I grabbed my notepad from my bag  and wrote the thing I wanted to say to him.

"Didn't know Abhi's choice would be this perfect Manik. You are the right one for me. Thank you for being patient. I'm grateful and proud that you are my husband."

I went to him and kept the paper on the table and saw he didn't drink water. God this man.

I grabbed it and kept it in front of his mouth. He looked at me for a moment before nodding his head in no. I grabbed his chin and pressed his lips against the glass. He drank quietly, making me grin.

I blew him a flying kiss before pointing at the paper as I sat at the other corner of the couch, grabbing my book as I started reading knowing it might take time for him to read it.

I kept glancing at him, to check if he read it or not. I shook my head at my own fan girl nature and I tried to concentrate when I felt his gaze.

I looked up to find him staring at me, the paper in between his fingers while others held the mobile. I bit my lip, avoiding his gaze as I concentrated on my book, trying not to get intimidated.

"Okay Mr Shah, can we continue this later? I need to go to my wife…" everything went in blur as I heard him address me as his wife.

I couldn't stop the smile on my face as I looked at the book I'm holding in my hands, knowing how butterflies in my stomach are dancing at his gaze.