74

Nandini

My heart was beating so loud that I was sure everyone in this room could hear me. Why not? It feels like I lost my breath and I could never get it back.

I'm shivering from inside and I have no idea how I'm holding up without falling unconscious again.

Street fight? God how could he do that? Tears spilled in a second as I registered what Dhruv said.

Street fights aren't easy or even careful, it's like taking your anger out without holding back, but even the person opposite to you is as strong as you or more stronger than you. He could hurt Manik as much as Manik could do to them.

That was the moment I realised I love Manik. Fuck this, fuck everything, I need my husband right now. My eyes burned with all the tears and my head is hurting badly and my heart? That idiot husband of mine stole it. I can't feel it anymore.

How could he even go to a street fight? Why? I know he was angry, I know he is hurt, but he could go to the gym or could even drink until he passes out but this? I hate you for this Manik.

"Ask Piyush to make him wear a mask, if the media finds Manik is hurt, they'd do everything to bring up Soha's topic as she won't be here" Papa gritted his teeth in anger.

I frowned upon his words but I know he is doing this for Manik.

"Sure dad" Dhruv mumbled before walking out of the room, to god knows where.

I clutched the jacket tight, to keep them busy, my hands are itching to self harm and to hurt myself to get my mind out of all the pain, the easiest way.

"I think we should postpone the reception," Maa said slowly. I agreed with her. I know they are trying to divert my mind from the fact that my husband turned into a hulk yesterday night, but how do I say to them he is the only thought in my head.

"Manik is going to be okay, Baby doll" Abhi's voice was filled with love and worry as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder in a comforting way.

We are sitting on the couches in the room right now, waiting for Dhruv to get Manik. I need to make sure he is okay or I'm losing my mind straight.

"I know you are worried and he is reckless Nandini, but Soha's topic is really sensitive to him and you need to keep yourself together until he gets on his feet. We will bring Soha home in two days and I'll do whatever I have to" Papa promised and I nodded my head gratefully.

I don't know what I'd do without these people. And I'm eternally grateful for their presence when I need someone by my side.

"I'll come when you get her papa" I added after a moment. She needs a girl by her side at her age when she comes out of the shit hole that she has been pushed into.

Until yesterday,I didn't realise how strong Manik is, how much he held himself every time I was having anxiety and panic attacks and tried suiciding. I triggered him alot unintentionally.

"Are you sure? Won't that trigger you?" Mom asked even before dad could.

"Of Course maa, but we need to bring her home in a limousine or something, not in an ambulance or hospital van that'd raise suspicions in the media or they'll spoil Soha's life" I placed my point, leaning on the couch.

"I'll arrange something for it, just tell me when you want to bring her" Maa said with a slight smile. Soha's topic is putting my mind off Manik.

"I think we need to redecorate Soha's room and change everything, we can buy a few good novels that'll keep her engaged whenever she gets the memories back, I'll ask Aryaman to find a therapist who can come home and talk to Soha and it's going to be confidential, we need to buy new dresses and bring a beautician home to give her a new look" I blabbered, already prepared for whatever Soha needs.

Everyone was looking at me with a sweet smile that instantly made me stop. My cheeks reddened at their stares.

"Soha got the best sister-in-law" Mukti commented, making me blush more.

"Manik is here" Dhruv's yell made my heart drop. Manik.

Abhimanyu was the first one to walk fast while I was rooted in my place. Dhruv and Abhimanyu managed to move Manik to bed who was unconscious right now.

Manik's forehead was wrapped in a bandage along with his left wrist, his knees were having scars while his hands had scratches.

Tears brimmed in my eyes again looking at his wounds. I shouldn't have pushed him too much.

"Uh- doctor gave sedatives to manik, enough sedatives to get him home without any issues, he'll be up any minute. One of the guys hitted him with some bat on forehead in anger, but Manik beat them to pulp. No serious injuries. All hairlines. He'll be fine in two weeks with proper care" Piyush said, keeping Manik's medicines on the night stand while I got up and walked to him, dragging my feet with the leftover strength I have.

Everyone left after staying for half an hour and spoke some things to prepare breakfast while I sat beside the sleeping Manik quietly, not understanding how to react.

"Nandini" Manik's hoarse whisper brought me out of my thoughts.

----

Well this is the last part I wrote a few months ago which means I need to start writing this again. So you'll just get one update a day until I fit into writing again.

Happy reading peeps.

And I'm planning to start one shot stories and you guys are open to giving me challenges. You can ask me for a plot to write and I'll write those and publish them. Maximum 3 parts and not more. This is to get over my writers block and hope you guys will help ❤️❤️

You can drop the ideas in the comments or in my dm if you don't want anyone else to know but I'll give you the plot credits!