29

Nandini

With Navya, Aliya and Mukti I stood outside the door after we entered the warehouse where screams were heard and we knew whose screams that was.

Mukti was kind of behaving weird but I couldn’t pinpoint what it was but I left it for a while until I could handle this shit.

“Look who's here waiting for us” Manik’s voice was filled with dry sarcasm.

“He looks elated with our hospitality Manik” It was Cabir this time but he sounded like he was enjoying it.

“Bastards I’ll see your end” Madhyam spoke, his voice filled with hatred and pain. My heart twisted in an uneasy way.

“Mainly you Manik, you stole what’s mine” Madhyam said and I couldn’t stop myself from peeking inside.

I saw Madhyam whose face was filled with bruises and cuts with dried blood marks and he was tied to a chair like something in a novel.

Manik punched his face straight and I almost winced and I could feel my friends seeing from above and below me.

“She was never yours to start with and she isn’t a property to be owned. She will be with the one whom she wants to be with” Manik’s voice was filled with anger.

“And we both know the fact that she’ll choose me. She is an idiot. Just some sweet words and cheesy gifts and she will fall for anyone but she loves me and only me” Madhyam laughed hysterically as if he was telling some joke.

I felt like hot water were thrown at me.

He was right regarding one thing. I was an idiot. Idiotic enough to fall for him. And if he thinks I still love him, he doesn’t know me at all.

“Think before you speak Madhyam, she is someone’s wife now” My brother warned.

“I still can’t believe she is your wife Manik. Like seriously. She jumped on to you from me. What did you say to her like that? Offered her money? Too many gifts? Or pleasure?” Madhyam’s words give me the urge to puke till the world ends.

Can’t believe I was in love with this guy. He sounds so disgusting.

“You are an asshole Madhyam. Who speaks like this about the guy they love?” Dhruv’s voice was filled with disgust as he shook his head.

“Who said I loved her? Madhyam Singhania doesn’t love, he just lures and uses girls” Madhyam said.

“Glad you couldn’t lure me or use me Madhyam, you lost the chance forever” I said as I opened the door and walked inside.

He looked at me with wide eyes like he couldn’t believe me.

“Nandini, my love, my life, I’m so sorry I don’t know what I said in anger. I love you honey” his voice was filled with sweetness. So sweet that I doubt I may get diabetes.

“Oh please, drop your act , be glad that she doesn’t know the shit you were doing behind her” Abhimanyu said.

“What did he do?” I frowned looking at my brother as Manik approached me and stood beside me.

“He sent your pictures with him to Mom and dad, luckily I had their mobiles with me as they were looking for wedding cards for you and . I deleted them immediately. They were photoshopped and kind of intimate. I don’t know what the hell would have happened if they saw it” Abhi said and I looked at  him with wide eyes.

“What the holy- '' I couldn’t finish the sentence as Madhyam fell with thud on the ground and Manik was in front of him in the next second. It looked like it happened in slow motion.

Manik was with me a second ago and now he punched Madhyam and stood in front of him the next second.

“How dare you Madhyam singhania? How dare you spoil my wife’s life like that? Who gave you the right to play with a woman’s life?” Manik yelled, kicking Madhyam who was wincing and laughing like a maniac.

I fisted my hands trying to control my emotions.

“Just like I played before” Madhyam said, coughing blood as Dhruv and Cabir set the chair back in perfect position and untied Madhyam while Manik stood like a statue.

As if something blew him off. Before I could process, Manik kicked Madhyam on his chest, making him fall on the ground, breaking the wooden chair.

“Don’t you dare try to repeat this Madhyam, I’ll find you and do your post-mortem with you being alive” Manik said as he pulled him by his collar and punched him in the ribs.

Madhyam was too weak to fight back but the evil glint in his eyes sent shivers down my spine.

Manik punched his jaw. “Lay your eyes on my wife again Madhyam and I promise you, you’ll have 206 bones in your body but none of it will work anymore” Manik said, gritting his teeth as he threw punches over and over.

He looked like a monster at that moment, and it didn’t feel like he was punching only for me, it felt like he was trying to take out his pain on someone else too.

“Laid my eyes on her long ago” Madhyam’s voice made me feel disgusted.

“And I’ll pluck your eyes out” Abhi said, joining in to punch Madhyam. My eyes were filled with tears as my friends surrounded me and I couldn’t feel like I could hold on anymore.

“You are such a disgusting man Madhyam, I hope Karma comes back biting you as  fast as possible” Mukti said, shaking her head.

I don’t even know what to say. The guy for whom I fought with everyone, went against them, left them, turned their head down and turned out to be the one who wanted to destroy my life.

I can’t believe my choice was so bad and ignored everyone who said that he was wrong only to turn out that they were right all the while.

It was too much to take in for a day, I was suffocating. I pushed them away and ran outside to catch my breath leaving everyone and ignoring their shouts.