part 12

Manik's POV

Shaking my head, I adjusted the ear ring carefully, damn these accessories are so heavy for those delicate ears god knows how girls manage to put up with these long ear rings and all stuff.

"Done" I murmured as I took a step back and extended my hand towards her.

She looked into my eyes directly before placing her small hand on mine as I clutched my fingers around her palm and helped her get out of the car carefully before shutting the door behind her softly.

The moment I held her hand, I know she is honestly willing to give into this relationship. The sparks bursted within me making me feel like I'm celebrating hundred diwali's at a time and I have never felt this happier before.

I wore my bandanna on my neck and flashed a smile at her who smiled back softly.

She has the innocent and positive aura around her that can pull anyone to her like a magnet and I'm not at all complaining that I'm getting attracted to her.

We walked to the door of the mansion where half of the people were waiting outside and the other half inside for giving Aarti to us.

Abhimanyu is not here not any of her family, except her friends. Her girl's gang saw us and immediately approached us jumping on their toes happily as we walked to them with a small smile.

"Don't you know you have to carry the bride for the first time when she enters your house?" Mukti said with a mischievous smirk but her eyes showed that she is nervous and I can't blame her.

Everyone is looking at us weirdly because that's a ritual.

"I didn't want her to be uncomfortable so I'm giving her space and time to adjust" I murmured softly and looked at Nandini who was whispering something to Navya who was smiling like she has been high on drugs.

I shook my head at their craziness and saw Dhruv and Cabir approaching me with worried faces.

I frowned and looked around to see if everything was okay and it was. What happened now? Cabir stopped infront of us and looked at Nandini who was looking back at him with same expression. And then he turned to me and frowned more. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics.

"Bhai lift bhabhi in your arms in bridal style. You know that's the ritual and you still do this? What do you actually want to prove? Everyone are waiting for your both appearance in that way" Cabir said, making sure we both hear what he said as he gritted his teeth. I shot a glare at him.

Nandini looked at him and then at me. I shook my head saying "you don't need to do this" as she bit her lip thinking. I don't want to force her into anything.

"Bhai stop it. Half of them are literally finding a way to point out at Nandini bhabhi inside because of the shit they saw at banquet hall sometime back. Now if you do this, they'll make sure she'll cry now. And I don't want that" Dhruv said, tapping his foot impatiently making me sigh.

I looked at Nandini who is now clearly looking scared. I closed my eyes cursing that idiot Madhyam. Such a pain in ass. Bastard.

"It's fine Manik I'm okay with it" Nandini said after a few seconds and I looked at her surprised. I know she is not comfortable just yet even though she gave this marriage a chance.

She is scared of being judged. Just because she loved someone before this marriage is making her life hard. But loving someone isn't their mistake right? It just happens. We won't even realise that someone has our heart until we lose them.

But that sometimes changes our life completely. It may make us or it may break us. Destiny loves to play games. And now she has to do many things out of her comfort zone for that. And I'm sure this is going to be difficult for herself as well as me.

"Are you sure?" I asked her again. I really don't want her to make uncomfortable. It's not even one day she got married and she is already nervous and scared. Fuck. She just nodded her head.

Mukti, Alia and Navya looked at her concerned and she just blinked her eyes in assurance. I shook my head and bent a Bit before wrapping my arms under her knees and other around her shoulder before lifting her in air.

All our friends hooted which made her instantly blush. I smiled slightly. She is not nervous at least.

I walked to the main door and looked at my mom who flashed her bright smile at us and kept a plate filled with red liquid on the ground right in front of the door on the other side and asked me to put Nandini's feet in that making her stand.

I did as instructed and held her lehenga from behind. A white cloth was spread from the plate to the stairs which were a few feet away from the main door.

She stepped out of the plate and walked on the cloth, her red foot prints looking beautiful. Her first day in this house.

She never came here because her mom said she wanted to be here in her first day of marriage but I know she just didn't want to and I understand.

After that, she was made to sit on sofa and Cabir pushed me beside her and I glared him. He smiled sheepishly before standing beside Navya who was standing on the back of sofa.

"Awe they look so cute" someone gushed over making me smile slightly. I looked at Nandini who was talking with Dhruv who grinned at her as she pouted shaking her head. God damn cuteness.

"Okay let's start with the rings ritual now and see who rules over other" one of the aunts said and I groaned internally.

"Mom tomorrow is pag phere and there are a lot more rituals to perform right? Can't we skip these for today?" I asked my mom, hoping her to understand me. She looked at me before raising her eyebrows. I showed her puppy eyes and she nodded her head.

"He is right. There are few more rituals Nandini has to perform. And this rings game, we can play it some other time. They both need rest. Dhruv, take Manik to your room and Cabir, take Nandini and her gang to Manik's room and don't let manik enter until night" mom warned them, her eyes twinkling making Manik and Nandini completely embarassed.