57

Nandini

"Guys let's get done with this" I whined as I entered Alia's house. I didn't want Manik to leave. Idiot didn't even call me again. Huh.

"Your husband is going to be fine, Malhotra" Mukti and Navya nudged me from both sides while Alia looked tense, which made me frown.

"What is it?" I asked her as we sat on the couch, waiting for her to speak as she handed me my bag.

I opened it to take out books when I found two big chocolate bars that warmed my heart instantly. Manik.

"Wait a second, I need to give her hall ticket," Mukti muttered, grabbing her bag that was right beside the couch.

"How did you come by the way? I didn't notice your bike" I asked her as she shuffled inside her bag.

"Your brother threatened me and did the honours to drop me here saying he didn't want to get any guy around me killed," Mukti replied, making my eyebrows shoot up.

"You guys are dating?" I asked excitedly. She shook her head no instantly.

"He came to our college to get your hall tickets at the same time I went, he said he wanted to check on you and this could save your time too and when I was punching a guy, he stopped me and took me here" she replied with a shrug, two pink dots forming on her cheeks.

"Look someone's blushing" Navya grinned mischievously. That made me chuckle.

"Oh please, I'm not blushing" her reply made us laugh more.

"I am thrilled to know you are going to be my bhabhi" I nudged her shoulder with mine with a grin.

"I'd happily bear your idiot brother if you become my sister-in-law" even a blind person can't miss the spark in her eyes when she is thinking about my brother.

I hugged her happily. I love her so damn much. She hugged me back and Navya joined the hug.

"What happened?" Mukti asked, concerned.

"Just feeling overwhelmed" I replied, tightening my hold on her.

Both my brother and her went through some shit times separately and if they are happy together, I swear I'm going to  be happiest.

"But don't elope , I want to dance at your wedding" Navya chuckled at my words.

"And we are buying clothes. Lots and lots" Alia piped in.

"Food and decorations," Navya added.

"Exams first kiddos, go grab your books" Mukti's strict tone made me roll my eyes.

"We are not going to disturb your honeymoon chill" I smirked as her eyes widened.

Navya laughed before grabbing her bag.

"Guys listen" Alia fiddled with her fingers, a thing she does whenever she is nervous, an anxious smile on her lips as her eyes were trailed on the ground. I frowned.

"Don't tell me you are pregnant" Mukti muttered but Alia didn't reply and we knew the matter was serious.

"Tell us" We asked as she was still standing in front of us.

"I didn't call you guys here to study," She said guiltily.

"We can't hang out now, we have exams," Navya replied with a frown. Me and Mukti nodded our heads in agreement. No compromise with studies which is why I left my husband alone.

"Nayva shut up yaar" Alia said, irritated.

"Then what is it?" I demanded an answer.

"Harshad is here and he wanted to talk to Mukti, she won't come here if she knows and I think you guys should be here too" Alia said and Mukti gasped, standing up as we heard footsteps behind us.

A guy almost as tall as Manik came into our view, his devilish features trying to appear innocent didn't do any work because we knew how he broke my best friend's heart.

I looked at his face when blue lights and pink lights flashed in my head, my head started to hurt suddenly as I tried to look at him.

Mukti grabbed my hand and pulled me suddenly, making me feel slightly dizzy. Navya stood up.

"You shouldn't have done this ALia" Navya almost shouted.

Mukti shoved me behind her and grabbed her mobile from her pocket and typed something fastly before turning off.

I could feel heat and anger radiating off Mukti. She still had a clutch on my hand, like she was protecting my hand, my head hurts at this point badly.

"How dare you step here again Harshad, even after I warned you?" Mukti's voice was cold.

"Mukti calm down, why are you getting angry baby?" Harshad's voice didn't do any better to my headache.

I closed my eyes and hissed as the lights started flashing again, I could hear something loud but everything around us was quiet. What the hell is happening?

"I'm not your fucking baby and you are *le to come here after whatever you did" Mukti yelled.

"I just came here to apologise" He tried to be sweet, stepping forward and I could feel his gaze on me suddenly. My breaths turned heavy, like giving me a feeling of vulnerability.

"Don't even look at her you filthy bast*rd" Mukti raised her voice as he stepped forward.

"Oh come on, I think Manik Malhotra's wife is strong enough to fight for herself, even though I didn't come for her" his reply sent shivers down my spine.

"Don't even dare to do anything, you don't want to go against Manik" Mukti spoke, like she knows something that I don't. But I was too busy with my headache to find some meaning out of her words.

"What the freaking hell?" ABhimanyu's voice out of nowhere made me flinch before he kicked Harshad from behind and that idiot guy fell straight in front of Mukti's feet and Mukti instantly took a step back, her hold still on me like he could  harm me.

"Abhi, take us out of here" her voice broke at the end.

"I'm here girls" Abhimanyu muttered, walking to us and hugged me and Mukti together, not before kicking Harshad on his side.

Mukti held both of us tightly, like she wants to hide now, a sudden fierceness of protection washed over me as I tightened my arm around her tightly.

"My lifelines" I felt Abhimanyu whisper but I didn't know if it really happened or if it was my imagination. He pressed a kiss to my head and then to hers.

"Alia and Navya, get your bags, we are going to Malhotra heights" Abhimanyu demanded as he had his both arms wrapped around me and Mukti as he nudged us to go out with him.

Alia obeyed quietly, because she didn't have any choice. Navya shrugged her hand before grabbing Mukti's bag while Alia took mine and we walked out of the house, leaving a whimpering Harshad behind.

Me, Alia and Navya sat on the back as he started the car and Mukti sat in the passenger seat as tears started streaming down my cheeks.

Harshad. Madhyam. Two best friends.