55

One week later, 

Manik

"Manik," Nandini's irritated voice made me chuckle. 

"Coming jaan, just five minutes" I replied calmly. 

"You've repeated this dialogue ten times by now for an hour," She said, looking clearly frustrated. She opened the door wide and entered inside and closed the door behind her, looking angry. 

"Look at you, so adorable like an angry kitten" I laughed as she walked to me, looking so adorable in a lavender hoodie and black jeans with her hair open and the sindoor in her maang on my name made me feel more responsible; and her more beautiful. 

"Shut up" She replied, swatting my hands away as she started buttoning my shirt, giving me time to admire her. 

I wrapped my left hand around her waist, pulling her closer making her surprised as my right hand went to her cheek, my knuckles feeling her baby skin. I could feel her breath hitch as she stopped buttoning my top three buttons as stared at me. 

"You look so adorable, and I can't help it. I love to tease you," I said, flicking her nose lightly. 

She looked like she was holding her smile back while buttoning my shirt. 

"Silent treatment now? Now a poor man can't even tease his wife?" My dramatic tone made her eyes narrow. 

Her lips formed into a pout as she walked to the bed and sat on the edge, with my tie in her hands as I wore my blazer. I think I'm too excited to go to the office after a week, my stitches will get removed today, and she is walking without pain now. 

"Fine sorry, I shouldn't have made you wait an hour." I chuckled and walked to her, bending down on my knees in front of her as she raised my collar before she wrapped the tie over it and started tying it carefully, her concentration entirely on it. 

"Okay, I give up. I'll take you on a date on the last day of your exams. Forgive me now. I hate it when you are quiet" I replied honestly as she was done with it and kissed my forehead softly, palming my cheek. Warmth filled my senses at her little gesture. 

She makes sure she kisses my forehead whenever she gives me meds because I throw tantrums, indirectly saying it's okay to be cranky and she forgives me. Is it weird that I could even say the meaning of her forehead kisses now? 

I held her hand and kissed her palm. 

"I know what you want, and I'll be in the office with you and study there; now stop making me walk again and again. I need to take my hall ticket after your stitches are removed, and you have work piled up" she said, and I grinned. 

I've been fussing about it since yesterday night that she has to study in my cabin because now I'd spend the day missing her; why not when she kept showering me with attention the whole week? 

"See, as simple as that, you just don't listen to me at once" I replied with a grin on my face widening a bit. She glared at me before getting up, adjusting her hoodie as she grabbed her college bag and we went down to see my mom waiting for us. 

"Here you are. Go fast. Abhi said Aryaman had to postpone his appointments for this" she scolded me, and I rolled my eyes. 

"Roll your eyes at me, and you don't like the consequences" she threatened me, looking angry. I wonder what is up with my ladies today. 

"Geez sorry, we are leaving" I muttered as my wife hugged her and my mother's anger magically evaporated in a second. Wow. 

"You better take care of her and don't trouble her" she snapped at me as Nandini giggled, coming to my side. 

"Of course, now you'll even call me neighbor by tomorrow" I grunted as I grabbed Nandini's hand and bid bye to my mom, walking towards the car where the driver was already waiting. 

I opened the door for Nandini as she entered the car and scooted away, letting me join. I closed the door and said the address to the driver who nodded his head and started driving towards Khuranna hospitals. 

Nandini rested her head on my shoulder, grabbing my hand in hers, looking outside the window making me sigh in satisfaction. I kissed her head affectionately. 

We reached the hospital soon and went inside as the driver went to park the car. Nandini greeted the receptionist with a smile, and I shook my head in disbelief as I waited for her. 

"What is that look for?" She raised her eyebrows as we walked towards Aryaman's cabin. 

"You are so innocent and naive you know" I chuckled and looked at her to find her staring at a pregnant woman who looked almost like she was with an 8 months baby and Nandini's eyes sparkled at the woman who was smiling at her husband, his hand over her belly. 

My heart fluttered with happiness imagining my wife and me in their place.