Chapter- 1 First meeting

Author's POV

It was a dark night with a chilling breeze; the wind rustling in the leaves and the tinkling of a fountain can be heard. Crisp sound of the withered leaves can be heard indicating that someone is coming near.

"What are you thinking?" Arjun asked Sidharth Karthikeya, who is sitting on the bench in the garden thinking deeply with a gloomy face.

"Why are you here?" Karthikeya asked Arjun, who is settling beside him.

"You are not answering my phone, so I just came to check on you," Arjun replied.

"I am not a kid. You don't have to check on me," Sidharth replied coldly.

"Ok, leave it, but tell me what are you thinking? Why haven't you slept yet? It's already late," Arjun asked.

"Do I have to marry her?" Sidharth questioned with his deep voice.

"You have to. If you don't want to, then go and talk to your father," Arjun stated.

"You also know Arjun, I can't say no to him... still I tried, but he is not ready to listen to me. Don't know what type of spell that girl cast on him.. he only wants her as my wife".

"Why don't you try to understand her?" Arjun suggested.

"How can I Arjun? I know she is only marrying me for my money. She doesn't even know me, then why is she marrying me? I even told her on the call that I don't like her, but she still accepted this marriage. She is such a gold digger," Karthikeya accused his soon to be wife without even meeting her.

"Your dad arranged a meeting with her tomorrow, go and talk to her. You may change your opinion after talking with her," Arjun said.

"No, Arjun, no matter how hard she tries to impress me, I am not going to fall for her cheap tricks," Karthikeya exclaimed.

"Well, we'll see that in the future, but for now, go and sleep. Tomorrow we have a meeting with foreign delegates," Arjun said.

"Ok, I will meet that stupid woman first and come to the office," he replied.

"Don't scare her," Arjun chuckled, looking at his gloomy face, making him more irritated than he was now.

"Fuckoff", Karthikeya cursed.

Sidharth Karthikeya Roy, a powerful and dangerous businessman who is ruthless. He is self-righteous and doesn't show mercy to people who betray him.

He respects his father and values his family very much, even though he doesn't have a very good relationship with his father. He tried to say no to this marriage but his father stood firm on his decision.

Arjun is his best friend from childhood who knows him very well and works for him of course.

...

"Drive to the coffeehouse," Karthikeya ordered Bhushan, who is his assistant.

"Ok, sir," he replied and drove to the coffeehouse.

Karthikeya went inside to the private room where he has to meet his fiancée. He waited for fifteen minutes, but she didn't show up.

"She doesn't even have time sense," he mumbled irritatedly and stood up to leave, but suddenly the private room door opened, revealing a beautiful girl walking in hurriedly.

He looked at her from top to bottom. She has big eyes, a pointed nose and heart-shaped lips. She is simple yet beautiful. She wore simple jeans and a white shirt. Her face is clear without makeup and her hair is tied in a braid.

"Sorry, I am late," she said in a low voice.

Her voice is sweet and melodious.

"If you are sorry, then why are you late?" He asked coldly.