Chapter-29 Her confession..!

Megha's POV

"Why did you marry me?" He asked again.

Ugg, why does he have to ask this again and again? This time, I will tell him the truth.

"Tell me, Megha?"

"Because I loved you... you idiot," I exclaimed as I looked straight into his eyes confidently.

"What?" He asked, shocked.

"Yeah, at first it was a mere crush, but I don't know when it turned into love," I muttered.

"But, Megha, how? I mean, we didn't meet before our marriage. Then how and why?" He stuttered.

"We met, but you just don't remember it. First of all, I saw you at my coffee house. It was the initial days when I had just started a coffee house branch. You visited that branch."
"There was our waitress who was being bullied by someone and I was not there, so another waiter called me to inform me."

"I came there in a hurry, but the scene I saw when I entered was different. It was you who was beating the shit out of those guys. I didn't see your face as your back is facing me, but I heard you."

"Yeah, it was not your appearance or fighting skills that made me fall for you, but the words that you spoke with them and the suggestions you gave to that waitress."

"You said, don't be weak. They will bully you as much as they can, try to be brave and fight back with them, then only you can live in this society.
It inspired me a lot."

"Then our second encounter was in the middle of the road. It was a guy whom I barely knew was bothering me to have coffee with him. I was continuously saying no, but he was not listening at all and asked me why I was saying no and "do I have a boyfriend?" that's it. I lost my patience. If I said no, it means no, it doesn't matter if I have a boyfriend or not."

"But before I could react, you came into the scene suddenly... "If she says no, then it means no whether she has a boyfriend or not." Those were the words you spoke. The exact words which I was thinking, and that made me fall for you again."

"You gave him a punch as he didn't listen with words, then you said, "if they don't listen with words, then use your hands and your brain too to make them understand what you mean.""

"Don't ask me, you just fell for this... I don't know why, but I liked you very much, and I told my mom about this".

"My mom said, 'if your feelings are genuine, then go on and pursue him. Love is a wonderful feeling. Try to experience it and don't worry, not all men are like your father'"

"I don't have faith in any relationship other than friendship after my father's thing, but you made me fall in love and experience those feelings."

"So, I decided to know my feelings first before trying to do anything. I thought it was just an attraction, and we hadn't seen each other for one year, but that didn't make me forget about you. Instead, my feelings got stronger, and I really didn't know you were uncle Roy's son back then."

"It was at a business party; I saw you again after one year and at that time I just started the Sehari group. Then got to know that you are the CEO of Roy group and uncle Roy's son. I tried to approach you, but you didn't even glance at me. Then I found out that you are in a relationship with model Swetha. So, I decided to stay away from you as I don't want to become a home breaker and I only want your happiness."

"For you, I gave Swetha a chance to be a model in the Sehari group's product advertisements when she was not getting any chances. For every product, for any commercial, I took her as our model but after knowing that she betrayed you, I was very angry that I just canceled her from all our group commercials and slowly she lost all her contracts and that's her punishment for betraying you."

"I don't know why, but I loved you... that I had an urge to protect you and to be protected by you."

"My mom told me that we don't need a reason to love someone. It's a feeling from the heart for which a reason is not required."

"After Swetha's session, I didn't want to disturb you as you need time, but I don't dare to approach you again even after five years, but I have always kept an eye on you to make sure you are ok."

"And recently uncle Roy asked me to marry you suddenly. First, I wanted to say no as I don't want to tie you in an unwanted marriage, but uncle Roy told me if I don't agree then he will arrange his friend's daughter for you."

"Then I decided to say yes, as his idea didn't appeal to me. You, with another woman in an arranged marriage. What if she is a bitch and you can't cope with her? I don't want you to be in a toxic relationship. It will ruin your life."
"If it's me who marries you, then I can give you happiness as I know you better, so I said yes despite your warning on the call before meeting me."

"I love you so much, Karthik... So much that I am ready to leave you for you. If you are happy without me, then I will just walk away from your life."

"I married you not because I loved you, but I don't want another woman in your life whom you don't love and I am ready to leave you if you find your soulmate or your true love."

"I don't need anything from you, Karthik, and I don't expect you to reciprocate my feelings, either. I just want you to be happy, I want to see your smile, I want you to enjoy your life instead of being in a shell."

"I know it made you shocked, but it's the truth," I explained to him and he listened to everything with wide eyes and open jaw.

I know he thought I trapped his father to marry him for his money at first, but after finding me as a Sehari; He was more suspicious and curious to know the reason for marrying him.

I know he never expected this, but it's the truth and that's why my mom and Nidhi didn't object to me marrying him. They thought I was marrying him because I wanted to fight for my love, but I married him to give him a free life. I don't want to force my feelings on him.

He gulped down the whole glass of water in a single breath after listening to everything. I understand he needs time to digest all the newfound information.

"I am going to change... Take your time," I remarked and squeezed his hand before walking into the walk-in closet.

He just stood there silently, without saying anything...

***

Hey guys❤

Have you expected this?? Tell me in comments.. ❣️❣️

Do vote 🌟 it means a lot to me.. 🥰

💜💜