Chapter- 10 Impressed

Karthikeya's POV

She went to her mother's place and here I was sleeping alone. It's not that I sleep with her in my arms every night, but I am used to her presence beside me, and her tantrums before sleeping. It became my habit to sleep listening to her even breathing.

Today the room is silent like a library, and I am feeling lonely.

I've become attached to her in these few days, but I'm clueless about her and it's freaking me out. Most powerful man, Sidharth Karthikeya, doesn't even know about his wife. Wow!

The next morning, I woke up in a sulky mood as she was not there beside me. Every day, she kisses my forehead as soon as she wakes up. I don't know why she does that, but I like to be kissed by her, so I pretend to be asleep when she wakes up. If not, she doesn't kiss me, but today she is not there with me.

I don't know why I am behaving like this when I am forced to marry her. I have to distance myself from her.

"Bhushan, what about the report I asked," I asked Bhushan soon after I reached my office.

"Sir, we will receive the report about Miss Megha in two hours," he replied.
Yeah, I wanted to know how Megha became Miss Sehari.

Just as I was thinking, Arjun called me.

"What, Arjun?" I said right after picking up the call.

"I am coming to the office but guess whom I saw on the beach road," he said playfully.

"Stop these Riddles. How will I know whom you met? Just say it or disconnect the call," I replied nonchalantly.

"Hey, wait, Sid, I saw your wife," he stated.

"What?"

"Wait, I will send you the picture," he said, and I received a picture instantly.

I opened the pic and saw the beautiful lady... My wife was kneeling in front of a kid and talking to him with a smile. I think that boy is 12 or 13 years old but was looking like a beggar in torn clothes and dusty body.
What is she talking about with him?

"Arjun, what is she doing?" I asked.

"Oh, someone is curious," he teased me.

"Shut up and tell me what she is doing there?" I asked again.

"Wait in the line. I will put my Bluetooth on and I will go to her," he said, and I heard the faded noise indicating he was walking toward her.

"What are you doing here, princess?" he asked.

"Oh, Arjun, hi. just passer-by," she replied warmly.

"Who is he?" Arjun asked her. I think he asked about the kid.

"Oh he, his name is Sumanth, and he is selling flowers on the beach," she replied.

"Then where are you taking him?" Arjun asked.

"He is an orphan, and he is selling flowers to fill his stomach, so I am going to join him in the school," she replied, making my eyes go wide.

"What? Why are you doing this, princess?", came Arjun's voice.

"Because education is a basic need for everyone. If he can educate, then he will become successful one day and if I can give him the education which he needs, then why not?" she replied.

I am impressed, man. She is totally different from what I thought about her.

"Can I give you a ride, then?" Arjun asked.

"Yes, if you don't mind. Actually, I just came for a walk so I didn't bring my car," she explained.

"What are you waiting for? Drive her where she wants to go," I said on the call. He chuckled, as he couldn't say anything to me in front of her.