Chapter- 2 shopping

Author's POV

"I agreed to marry her just as you wished, but I don't want to disclose it. I want to keep it as a secret," Karthikeya said to his family.

"But why do you want to hide it?" his father asked in disbelief.

"If you want to make it public, then I won't agree to this fucking marriage," he roared.

"Anirudh, calm down... It will be alright as long as he agrees to this marriage," Yashodha, his mother, tried to convince his dad.

"As your wish," Anirudh stated in disbelief.

.

.

.

"Megha, you really agreed to keep this marriage as a secret," Nidhi exclaimed.

Megha is a girl who is active and cheerful, unlike Karthikeya, who is always gloomy.

Nidhi is a film director and her best friend who is with her in all stages of her life.

"Yeah, babes," Megha replied lightly while sipping her coffee.

"What the heck... why are you doing this?" Nidhi asked a little bit loudly as she didn't want her friend to marry someone who doesn't like her.

"Calm down Nidhi. I know what I am doing," she assured her with a smile as she put her hand on Nidhi's hand.

"I really don't appreciate it, Megha," Nidhi growled and Megha just smiled.

"It's time for work. I have to go now. Bye", having said that Megha directly left, leaving Nidhi alone in the coffee shop.

"She won't change," Nidhi muttered in displeasure while sipping her hot coffee.
..
"Have you taken your medicine, mom?" Megha asked her mother, who was lying on the couch in the living room, waiting for her.

"No, I am waiting for you to have dinner," her mom replied as she sat up.

"Why mom? How many times do I have to tell you not to wait for me? You are weak, mom, you have to eat on time and take medicines properly," Megha exclaimed, sitting beside her mom.

"And I am not listening to you. I won't die if I eat a little late," her mom said lightly.

"Mom, please don't say that," Megha hissed and her mom just gave her a small smile, nodding her head a little.

"Anirudh called me and informed me that the wedding will be held this Saturday. Are you ok with it?" Her mom asked.

"Yeah mom, uncle called me too," Megha replied.

"You are ok with this marriage, right?"

"If you don't want to marry him, that's ok, Megha. I will talk with Anirudh, but don't force yourself. I want your happiness, only your happiness and consent matters to me," her mom said, caressing her hair lovingly.

"Mom, I am not forcing myself. I really am happy," Megha lied, not wanting to make her mom worry.

"I just don't want you to have a failed marriage like me," her mom mumbled.

***

Megha came out from her workplace with Saakshi, who is her friend... discussing something, and halted at her place when she saw the man who was coming in her direction.

"Saakshi, you go quickly", she hurried her friend, placing the file which she was holding in Saakshi's hand.

"Ok, I will meet you later," Saakshi said and walked away from there quickly.