chapter-39 Hiding

Author's POV

"The hooligans confessed..." police stated.

"What did they confess?" Karthik asked as he looked at them.

"They said they did it for her money."

"So, you are saying they didn't try to kill her but tried to rob?" Karthik asked in a dangerous tone.

"That's what they confessed, Mr. Roy," the police officer stuttered.

"If they only wanted my money, then why would they chase me with weapons when all my money, cards were in the car and why did they hit my car with a truck? Is it making any sense?" Megha asked the police confidently.

"If you can't make them confess the truth then handover them to me, I will make them confess, and I already know who did this, I just need a confirmation," Karthik commented, wrapping his hand around Megha's shoulder as he stood beside the bed.

"We will find out soon, sir," the officer remarked and asked Megha for more details. She told them everything that had happened last night. They noted everything before leaving.

"I am sorry, Megha. I was not there for you when you needed," Karthik apologized with guilt as he sat on the bed, holding her hand.

"It's ok, Karthik. We didn't know before, right?" she assured him as she leaned her head on his shoulder, and he kissed the top of her head.

After that, Karthik, Arjun and Bhushan came out giving privacy to Megha and Mr. Williams to discuss their work.

Bhushan left for the office, while Karthik and Arjun sat on the chairs in front of her room.

"Ms. Sehari, isn't it him?" Mr. Williams asked.

"I think so... if not him, then who holds a grudge against me?" she replied slowly.

Then they discussed business. Megha told him what to do in her absence, and Mr. Williams noted everything.

He came out after their discussion and said goodbye to Karthik and Arjun before leaving for the office.

Then they both walked in and started chatting randomly.

Arjun cracked some jokes, which helped Megha and Karthik to lighten their moods.

While they were talking, the door opened, revealing a beautiful woman.

She glared at Megha while Megha looked down, not making eye contact with her.

"You forgot me," the woman accused as she walked in.

"It's not like that, Nidhi," Megha tried to convince her best friend, who was mad at her for not telling her about her accident.

"Ok, but good for you. I never saw you laying down in the same place without running here and there. We will take a selfie," she said and clicked a selfie with her as she sat on the bed.

"Girl, you are looking like a potato in this hospital gown," she laughed, clutching her stomach.

Karthik and Arjun looked at each other. Karthik doesn't understand why she is laughing so hard.

"Nidhi, stop crying," Megha said, making Karthik and Arjun shocked.

Now when they saw clearly, she was acting laugh but her eyes were full of tears.

She stopped her laugh but not the tears. She looked at Megha with teary eyes and touched her banded hand as she sobbed.

"Nidhi, I said stop crying," Megha said a little loudly this time and Nidhi stopped and wiped her tears.