Chapter-27 First date

Megha's POV

I woke up and did my morning routine and then we both had our breakfast like every day and went to the office together... when I was about to get off from the car; he grabbed my wrist.

"You forgot to give my goodbye kiss, baby girl," he said with his deep voice, which gave me goosebumps.

I smiled and went to kiss his cheek, but he turned so that my lips met his and he smiled.

"Bye," I said as I got out of the car.

"Bye," he replied and drove off.

Mr. Williams reported to me about work while I signed the documents. Sakshi only arranges my schedule. It's Mr. Williams who takes care of the remaining work for me.

I attended a few meetings and worked until 5pm, then went home as Karthik said he would pick me up at 7pm.

When I reached home, it's already 5:40, so I took a shower then searched for a perfect dress to wear but I couldn't find anything which was appropriate for a date.

Not understanding what to do, I called Nidhi to ask her, as she is the only one who can help me right now.

She picked up after four rings and I turned on the video call.

She took a look at all my clothes and glared at me. "What Megha all you bought is only suits and normal jeans. You don't really have any ladylike clothes," she huffed.

I really don't wear any lady-like dresses every day. If I have to go to any business party, then Mr. Williams or Sakshi buy it for me, so I really don't have any. I only have heavy gowns for the parties and business suits for the office. But now I want to wear something classy yet elegant.

"You can swear at me later, but for now, tell me what to wear," I asked her impatiently.

"Oh, someone is eager to see her husband," she teased me, and I smiled shyly.

After a lot of bickering and tantrums, she selected a black knee length off shoulder dress which we bought two years ago, but I haven't worn it since then.

"But, Nidhi, we bought this two years ago, and I don't think it will fit me now," I voiced out.

"Megha, just try once. It will fit you. If not, then we will look for another," Nidhi said patiently, and I nodded.

"Ok, be in line. I will change and come," having said that I walked into the walk-in closet and changed into it... to my surprise, it fit me well.

I went out and showed Nidhi happily, twirling around like a kid.

"Girl, didn't I say it will fit you?" she exclaimed. "Now go and get ready. I will be in line."

"Ok," I smiled and sat at the vanity table to get ready.

"This or this?" I asked, showing two types of earrings to her.

"I think it suits this dress," Nidhi said excitedly as it was the first time her friend was getting ready willingly for a man.

"Hair open or bun?" I asked again after combing my hair.

"Open," we both exclaimed at the same time, and I decided to leave my hair open. Then I put on a little makeup and nude lipstick.

"Beautiful, Megha, if I am a man, then I wouldn't leave you for your Karthik," Nidhi said, smiling cheekily, and I smiled shyly.

"Love you, babes, enjoy the date and tell me the details tomorrow," she grinned.

"I love you too," I replied and disconnected the call as it's time for me to go. I think he is on the way home.

I waited until 7:30 but he didn't show up, so I decided to call him. I grabbed the phone from my purse and was about to dial his number when I received a call from him.