Chapter-30 Pampering

Karthik's POV

I came to the office before she even woke up. It was so much to take, I never ever expected this.

So, she has been loving me for five years and here I am... I didn't even see her before our wedding.
She said she loves me and she also said she is ready to leave me. I can't understand her.

Uff, my head is aching. I didn't even sleep last night... I was so lost in my thoughts.

I wanted to make Swetha regret betraying me. I wanted to destroy her career, but before I could do anything; she lost all her contracts and stood in front of me penniless. I thought it was karma, but it's my wife who took revenge on her for me.

I know I have feelings for my wife, but I can't name it. I am not sure about my feelings but I want to see her smiling always. I want to be the reason for her happiness. I want to protect her... Ugh I am missing her very much. I am now regretting coming to the office early without seeing her smile.

My chain of thoughts broke when I heard a knock... "Come in," I said and Bhushan entered with a bunch of flowers.

"Sir," he called and handed me a bunch of roses and white tulips with a handwritten card.

"Is this that day?" I asked him, knowing the answer.

"Yes, sir," he replied as expected and went out after I permitted him to go.

"Thank you so much." These are the words written on that card. I don't know who sends these flowers, but every year on this day and on my birthday for five years, I receive flowers with a handwritten card.

They won't mention their name on any card. Who is that anonymous person and why is he\she thankful to me?

Wait... Let me check something.

I took out the contract document, which was written by Megha to check the handwriting. Just a benefit of doubt.

I checked the handwriting, and it was not matching. If it is not Megha, then who is she/he?

I don't wanna think much about this now as I have many things to think about, so I just kept the card in the drawer where I keep all the cards and flowers in the vase.

Ignoring all the things, I started working.

Around 11 am, Bhushan informed me about the meeting and I know Megha will also attend this so I asked Bhushan, "Did Megha arrive?" as I wanted to see her.

"No, sir, it's Mr. Williams and Miss. Saakshi who came from Sehari group on behalf of miss. Sehari," he informed.

"Ask Arjun to attend the meeting," I stated, and he nodded before going out.

I know that Mr. Williams attends meetings often on behalf of her, but when the meeting includes me, she will attend it for sure then why she didn't come when the meeting will be going on in the Roy group. Is she ignoring me? Or is she nervous after confessing her feelings?

Without thinking much, I called her, but surprisingly, she didn't pick up my call. I called her again and still she didn't answer.

Why is she not answering my calls? Is she mad at me?

She has a habit of picking up the important calls even if she is very busy. Two or three times she excused herself from meetings just to attend a call from her mother and she picks up my call also just like that. Then why is she not answering now?

I quickly went to the conference room, where the meeting was ongoing. Arjun stopped speaking and looked at me. All the heads snapped towards me as I opened the door.