Chapter- 22 family time

Author's POV

"That's my mom su---"

"Aunt Sunandha," Megha completed his sentence.

"Wait, how did you know?" He questioned as he sat up abruptly.

Her face fell and tears formed in her eyes as she answered, "that little one whom you talked about before, is me."

His eyes snapped towards her as he asked, "are you? Really?"

"Yeah, it's me. She used to call me sweetheart, and I came to your house that day, but it was too late. When I reached there, the house was burning, and I found, aunt was dead," she said and a few tears rolled down her cheek.

"So, he promised your mother, I think," she mumbled.

"What?"

"Yeah, we used to live in the empty room at Aunt's hospital but when aunt died, we left that area and after two years, uncle Roy found me working in a café. I don't know that he is my aunt's husband. He also didn't tell me. Instead, he said he is my mom's friend... my mom also didn't tell me till now".

"Whenever I ask him why he is treating me nice. He used to say that he promised someone to take care of me," she replied.

Karthik was shocked and somewhat relieved that at least he married Megha as his mom wished.

He gulped his tears, not wanting to cry.

"Karthik, if you want to cry, then cry. I will be your shoulder, you can cry as much as you want."
"My mom told me, crying is not gender based but is an emotion. So it's ok to cry, in fact it helps you to vent out your emotions and make you think clearly."

"Sometimes, it's ok to not be ok, Karthik. I am here with you and I will always be there for you," she said softly.

That's it. His tears, which he has been holding from years, flowed down from his eyes.
She opened her arms for him, he gladly went to her embrace. She stroked his hair, patting his back gently as he was crying in her arms.

He cried for half an hour, then stopped and came out of her embrace.

"Are you ok now?" she asked slowly.

"Thanks, Megha. I am feeling relieved now," he said and hugged her again.

She cupped his cheeks and kissed his forehead. Then they both slept in each other's arms, hugging tightly like a lovely couple.

When she woke up, it was already evening. She looked at her husband, who was sleeping on her chest like a baby. She caressed his hair and kissed his forehead, then his cheeks.

"Why do you only kiss me when I am asleep?" he said huskily and opened his eyes.

"Aren't you sleeping?" she asked, coming out of his arms.

"How can I sleep when my wife is kissing me?" he said and held her wrist, pulling her towards him, and she fell on the bed and he hovered over her, balancing his weight on his elbows.

She closed her eyes shut, her breathing became uneven and her heart was beating twice from its regular pace.

"Oh, you don't dare to kiss me when I am sober," he teased, and she opened her eyes.

With just a flip now, she is on top of him while he is lying beneath her.

"Who told you that I am afraid of you? " She whispered dangerously slowly in his ear. He shivered when her hand touched his bare chest through his shirt.

She kissed his eyes, then nose, jaw and stopped at his lips. She looked straight into his eyes and captured his lips.

She was kissing him in a slow pace to tease him, and that frustrated him. He held her nape and dominated the kiss and she let him. His hand slipped through her shirt and held her bare, tiny waist with his big hand. She felt hundreds of butterflies in her stomach and sparks filled his eyes.