Chapter-44 Honeymoon..?

Megha's POV

"Hello, senorita..."

Remembering this familiar voice, I was shocked and looked at him in disbelief.

"Karthik," I muttered in surprise.

"Yeah, babygirl," he responded with a smirk.

"Why are you here? You said you have a meeting and didn't even have time to drop me at the airport," I exclaimed.

"Yup, babygirl, I have attended the meeting and came to surprise you," he said, pinching my cheek.

"So, is this your doing?" I asked, pointing at the empty seats and he nodded in agreement.

"Why?"

"Silly question. I wanted to travel with my wife and I need my privacy," he replied, and I shook my head in displeasure.

"But how is this even possible in one night," I yelped.

"Everything is possible for me, babygirl. Don't underestimate your husband," he replied proudly.

"Then why didn't you tell me earlier?" I huffed.

"I wanted to surprise you, my lady," he replied.

"You made me upset in the morning to surprise me now. Wow great," I scoffed.

"I made you upset... Ok, then I will make it up to you," he said and slammed his lips on mine, taking me off guard.

Is he crazy... I pushed him back and he looked at me confused.

"What are you doing, Karthik? We are in the plane for fuck's sake."

"So what? Can't I kiss my wife?" his face fell as he replied.

I smiled as I held his hand and kissed his knuckles.

"Tell me the truth, are you really coming for me?" I asked, covering my happiness.

"No, I'm coming for that air hostess," he scoffed, and I laughed.

"Of Course, I am coming for you but I also have a few meetings in a branch office of Roy group," he replied.

"So, you are coming for meetings not for me," I pouted.

"No, babygirl, I am coming for you and the meetings are secondary," he pecked my lips.

"Actually, those meetings are scheduled for next month, but I preponed as I am visiting there now and I don't want to leave you again next month," he explained and a smile broke my lips.
.
.
.
I called Nidhi after coming to the resort which belongs to me.

"So, you guys went for Honeymoon," Nidhi asked me playfully.

"It's not like that, Nidhi. We are here just for work," I replied.

"Really?" Nidhi teased and I laughed.

"Ok, tell me the juicy details after your return," Nidhi remarked.

"Shut up."

We are just getting along these days and he doesn't even love me, then how is it a honeymoon. Silly.

"Ok, ok I gotta go. Will catch up later," she said when someone called her, and disconnected the call.

I entered the bedroom with a smile where Karthik was waiting for me.

"Why are you smiling?" he asked as soon as he saw me smiling for no reason.

"Nothing," I replied and sat beside him.

"When will your meeting start?" he asked, taking me into his embrace.

"Tomorrow 10 in the morning," I replied.