Chapter- 48 Fierce

Authors pov

As Nidhi consoling Megha while she was crying, operation theatre door opened revealing doctor Sanvi walking out with dull face... Megha hope died....

She just broke down on the floor crying hard, Nidhi held her shoulders sitting beside her.

"Miss. Sehari", dr. Sanvi called her softly and Megha looked at her with glossy eyes.

Sanvi helped her to stand up.
"Miss. Sehari, operation was successful. Your mom is safe now", Sanvi said with a smile and Megha looked at her to confirm what she heard is true or not.

"It's true your mom is alright", Sanvi confirmed.

"Then why you came tiredly", Megha Mumbled.

"Because I am operating her from six hours so I am little bit tired", she replied gently.
"And she didn't even drank water from six hours", a nurse commented.

Megha doesn't have words to describe her gratitude.
"You are truly an angel dr. Sanvi. Thank you so much", Megha said gratefully.

"As a doctor it's my duty", Sanvi replied with a smile.

"Can I see her", Megha asked controlling her tears.

"Not now. She will wake up after 48 hours then we will move her the room then you can see her", Sanvi answered softly.

Megha stood leaning on to ICU door. She is feeling sad and her heart is not calming down even after confirming her mom is safe.

"Megha", she heard a familiar voice.

"Karthik", she mumbled and ran to his embrace.

She hugged him holding his waist and keeping her head on his chest. He wrapped his hands around her caressing her head.
Finally she felt at peace and she cried her heart out in his embrace. He also let her cry.

Even after half an hour her sobs doesn't stopped. He stood holding her tightly. "It's ok Megha", he kept on saying that while kissing top of her head.

After 40 minutes of crying she left his hold and looked at him. His heart ached looking at her red swollen eyes and pale face. He kissed her forehead and said
"I am sorry babygirl, I am not there when you need me the most".

"It's ok Karthik you sent all these people for me right", she asked and he nodded.

Looking at them all their family felt happy. They know that their relationship getting better but they didn't know that they became this close.
His father took a sigh of relief as he completed his promise to make them couple.

Neeraj called Karthik as soon as he heard that Megha's mom was hospitalized. Karthik called Arjun and told him to accompany her till he comes and he also called his dad and informed him. He knows Megha feel low that's why he send all of them and he started from Italy the next moment.

It took him 10 hours to reach and till then her surgery completed.
.
.
.

Karthik sat on the chair and made Megha sit beside her. He sent all their family back as it was night and they can't do anything other than waiting outside.
But Nidhi and Arjun didn't left as they wanted to be with Megha.

Nidhi also cried with her friend so her eyes also got fluffy.
"You want coffee", Arjun asked Nidhi and she nodded desperately as she needed it now to relax then they both gone to have coffee.

Megha leaned on Karthik shoulder holding his hand.
"I thought I lost her", she mumbled and he squeezed her hand to comfort her.

"Dr. Sanvi is truly an angel. She saved mom despite how hard the director tried to stop her. They even threatened her to cancel her doctor licence but she doesn't listened to them. She saved mom betting on her career", she shared with Karthik.