Chapter-40 Cunning

Author's POV

His hands reached her neck from her hair and he came closer to her until his breath fanned her face.

Her breath hitched by the close proximity, and her eyes closed automatically...

But what she expected didn't happen, so she opened her eyes and saw her husband, who was looking at her tenderly.
Their eyes met, and she lost in his eyes. They were deeper than the ocean that she wanted to drown in his eyes.

Her eyes are questioning him why he didn't kiss her.
He caressed her cheek and took his hand back, then kissed her forehead.

"I don't think I will stop with just a kiss, considering how beautiful you are right now," he breathed out, making her shy.

"Wait here. I will get you dinner," he said and went downstairs.

Nirmala prepared healthy food and served it on plates for them. She arranged them on a tray and handed it to Karthik when he entered the kitchen.

He took the tray and thanked her before walking from there, but stopped after taking two steps and turned back.

"Aunt, I know you will report all the things here to my mother, but don't tell her about this accident. Megha doesn't want to make them worry," he said, and she nodded with a small smile.

Karthik fed Megha as she was unable to use her hands, then he also ate.
Then he helped Megha to lie down and went to take a shower.

Megha already fell asleep when he came back from the shower. He smiled a little as he laid beside her, and took his sleeping wife into his arms, not touching her wounds, and she wrapped her hands around his torso automatically.

"I love you, Megha," he mumbled and kissed the top of her head.
"But I don't want to tell you right now. I will confess to you in a special way," he thought before falling asleep.

Days passed just like that, and within fifteen days, she recovered well as he took care of her like a baby. Feeding her, helping her in washing up, supporting her to walk, and many more.

"Why are you here without taking a rest, babygirl?" Karthik asked when Megha entered his study. Now she can walk on her own feet.

"I am just bored and you are not allowing me to work either, so I came here to disturb you," she grinned, walking to him.

"I am already disturbed by you, babygirl," he said huskily, giving her chills.

He pulled her hand when she reached him, and she landed on his lap. She made herself comfortable in his lap as she used to sit like this recently and looked at him with her attractive eyes.

His grip on her waist tightened as he leaned near until their faces were inches away. She can feel her raising heartbeat and his heart thumping like it will explode if he doesn't kiss her now.

Without thinking much, he slammed his lips over her soft lips and she quickly gave in.

"You are driving me crazy," he mumbled in between the kiss, and she smiled and wrapped her hands around his neck while deepening the kiss.

They both only left when they were out of breath.

She can sense his hardness as she is sitting on his lap and she is also wet with need, but she doesn't want to give in to her desires and his lust. She wants him to love her, not sex out of physical needs.
And He didn't go further because he wanted to confess his love to her before making love to her.

They just sat like that silently for a while until she spoke, breaking the silence.

"I am going to work from tomorrow as I am well now," she said, and he frowned.
"I can walk now and all my wounds have recovered as well," she assured him.