Chapter- 15 Missing..!

Karthik's POV

It's been five days since I talked to her. I am missing my wife badly. Just in one and half months, so much happened and changed my way of thinking about my wife. I thought she was a weak woman, but to the contrary, she is a fierce woman. I thought she was a gold digger and manipulated my father to marry me for my money when she surely did not.

I didn't talk to her after coming to the states. I was very busy with meetings and my schedule was tightly packed. It is getting late at night when I come to the hotel and I am going to bed directly. In the morning when I want to call her, because of the time difference that is night in India, she will be asleep and I don't want to disturb her sleep. She called me 2-3 times, but I was in a meeting at that time.

Today I woke up early just to call her as I am missing her, missing her presence beside me, missing her blabbering, and her weird threats. It's morning here so it will be night there and this is the time she goes to bed. I checked the time and called her.

"Hello Megha," I said immediately once she picked up the call. She is there. I can hear her uneven breathing, but she is not responding to me.

"Megha, are you ok?" I asked tensely as she was not talking.

"Yes, I am," she replied softly.

"Then why are you not talking about anything?" I asked gently.

"It's just--- nothing... how are you?" She replied slowly.

"Megha, what happened? Tell me," I demanded. "It's just what, Megha?"

"Ugg, it's just I missed you," she breathed out.

"I know you are busy, I know you don't miss me, I know that you don't have time to think about me, but still I miss you," she muttered.

"Megha," I called softly.

"Hmm," she hummed in response.

"Is this what you think about me?" I asked, more stated.

"You didn't call me these five days and didn't even pick up the call when I called you, then what I am supposed to think," she said.

She is right, but I am disappointed. Here I am thinking about her every minute, but she is thinking that I don't care about her.

"I am sorry, Megha," I apologized, not knowing what to say.

"Karthik," she called sweetly as she took a deep breath.

"Yes," I responded. The way she calls my name always relaxes me.

"It's ok, Karthik and I overreacted without thinking that you are there for work," she remarked gently.

This is what I like more about her. She is very understanding.

"Have you had your dinner?" I asked to which she said "yes".

"Accept the video call, Megha," I remarked.

"Ok," she replied and accepted, revealing her sweetest smile.

Her smile is something that calms me down and her dimples are the death of me.

We talked for like an hour and she fell asleep during the call. I saw how she is sleeping like a baby. Her bright eyes closed, her hair is swaying on her face and her parted lips are alluring me.

Thinking about the kiss we shared, a smile made its way to my lips and I am smiling like an idiot and blushing like a fucking teenager looking at my sleeping wife.

She is surely an angel and beautiful as fuck. Her face, her curves, her smile everything is perfect. Her character and attitude are just like a queen.

I can't say I love her for now, but I can say I don't hate her like before and I started liking her. Yeah, I like her presence beside me, I like her smiling at me, I like her everything and my favorite is looking at her when she is meditating. Every day when she is meditating, I will sit in front of her just feeling her beauty.