Chapter- 19 Working together

Author's POV

It's been 1 month and their relationship is getting stronger with their small arguments, bickering of course with care, too.

Both the companies are doing three projects together so they were also meeting at work time. This made him like her more after observing her working nature.

Megha has urgent news to share with Karthik, so she called him but he didn't pick up the call so without wasting time, she went to his company directly.

It's not the first time she is going there. She went to meetings in his company about the projects they were doing together, but it is the first time she is going there without an appointment.

As the receptionist knew that she is the CEO of Sehari group, she permitted her in and asked Smitha, who is one of his assistants, to inform him that Sehari was here to meet him as Bhushan was with Karthik in his office.

Smitha asked Megha to sit on the couch on the 23rd floor, which belongs to the CEO and his secretaries and said she will inform Karthik.

Megha waited for half an hour, but Smitha did not come. As a CEO, she also has many works, so without any choice Megha stood up and walked around looking to find Smitha.

"Here she is," Megha mumbled and walked to her direction, where Smitha was talking with a group of ladies and laughing.

"Miss. Smitha," Megha called her politely, even though she doesn't like her.

"Yeah, Miss. Sehari, why are you here? I asked you to wait there," she replied, not so sincerely.

"Have you informed Karthik — I mean, Mr. Karthikeya?" she asked.

"Yeah, he is busy and asked you to wait," Smitha lied, looking at her cunningly as she wanted to embarrass Megha in front of the employees.

She likes Karthik, but Karthik likes Megha, so she always hated her from the start.

"No, if you informed him, then he doesn't keep me waiting here and I know that," Megha argued.

Little did she know that Karthik had special feelings for her and he would never make her wait this long. Nowadays he is finding reasons to be with her, then how could he keep her waiting, silly.

"Miss. Sehari, he is busy, and he said don't allow anyone. you are not special either," Smitha replied, glaring at her. "Or are you?"

"You know it very well, but still I will ask him," saying that Megha marched to Karthik's office while Smitha followed her, trying to stop her.

She knocked on the door and directly opened it without wasting a second.

"Megha," Karthik muttered surprisingly, as he didn't expect her here, at least without information.

"Karthik, are you busy?" She asked him, looking at him confidently.

"I am always free for you, wifey," he replied with a smile and stood up from his chair. Bhushan knew about their relationship, so he didn't have to pretend in front of him. Smitha also saw them hugging in the airport, so he has nothing to hide.

"Then why did you keep me waiting for the last 30 minutes?" she asked.

"Me? I don't even know that you are here," he replied. "And who told you to wait without informing me?"

"It's her," she said, pointing at Smitha. "She told me that you are busy and asked me to wait."

He looked at Smitha with raised eyebrows. His eyes are so cold, like he was going to kill her.