The Road Trip of a Lifetime: Part 1

Summary: When Natasha, Yelena, Kate, Carol, and Darcy all decide to go on a road trip to the beach, things become very chaotic very fast as the girls struggle through spending a large amount of time together in far too close quarters.

   "Hey, you guys got your stuff in the car?!" Natasha called loudly from where she was currently at the back of her SUV, digging through luggage and trying to see if she could identify the bags there before her.

It was officially the day. The day that she, Yelena, Kate, Carol, and Darcy were all going to be heading out on their road trip to the beach. It was an odd group considering the fact that Darcy was not a traditional member of the Avengers or even training to be an Avenger. The fact was that Kate and Darcy had grown to be friends, and that was mostly how Darcy had managed to score an invite on the trip. Plus, Wanda could not make it because she was busy with something or another with Vision.

Natasha was honestly pretty excited about it. She loved the idea of being able to spend some quality time with Yelena, Kate, and Carol, and she was also looking forward to getting to know Darcy better. Thor trusted her and cared about her as a friend, so Natasha was interested in finding out more about her and how she and Thor had met.

"Got it!" Kate immediately replied to Natasha's prior question from not too far off where she was talking to Clint. Natasha was pulled from her thoughts, and she nodded, waiting patiently on the other three responses she was expecting.

"I loaded mine yesterday, you poser! We did it together. Or has your memory gotten that bad?" Yelena questioned sassily from where she was standing near Peter. A giant smirk was on her face, and Natasha narrowed her eyes playfully at her.

There was silence for a moment, and Natasha furrowed her brow, trying to figure out where her other two replies were currently. Natasha moved to look to the side of the SUV where everyone was gathered, and she quickly realized that she did not see Carol or Darcy at this moment.

However, the funny thing was that she could have sworn that she just saw Carol a little earlier outside. She had actually even headed out of the compound with Carol nearby her. And as she recalled that, she also remembered that she had seen Steve with them as well. Natasha immediately found herself suspicious, and she looked to the other side of the SUV. Natasha quickly got her answer about where Carol was.

Currently on the vacated side of the SUV, Carol and Steve were very happily in their own little world, their lips locked and Carol grabbing his shoulders as he wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. Natasha raised an eyebrow as she watched for just a moment, attempting to give them a moment to notice her without her having to actually interrupt things. However, when it became clear that they were not going to, she cleared her throat loudly.

They broke apart quickly, Steve looking like a deer caught in the headlights, and Carol looking just a little flushed but overall, not horribly bothered at the interruption. Natasha immediately deduced that Carol must have been the one to initiate the whole thing. Which was truly not surprising considering the fact that the woman was so much bolder than Steve in so many ways.

"Hey, lovebirds, I hate to break things up, but, Carol, have you loaded your stuff?" Natasha questioned. Carol nodded easily with a grin, showing off that typical good-natured confidence and swagger she always carried about her.

"Yeah, got it," Carol easily replied to her, gripping the lapels of Steve's jacket as she gave them a playful tug. Natasha nodded but was quickly interrupted by Darcy suddenly hurrying over next to her, bumping into her slightly as she threw her luggage in the back with everyone else's.