Thankful Thanksgiving

Summary: All of the Avengers are gathered for Thanksgiving, and Natasha, Yelena, Kate, Carol, Darcy, and friends all take the time to say what they're thankful for when gathered around the Thanksgiving table.

   "And that's why I'm thankful for Bucky's arm," Sam explained, and Bucky just groaned deeply and exasperatedly. Everyone around the room was in varying expressions of amusement, complete disbelief, and speechlessness.

It was Thanksgiving, and all of the Avengers had come to gather to enjoy a feast with one another. They had finished their food, and they had just started going all around the table to share what they were thankful for. Sam had been the first to go, and his had so far set the bar for some really bizarre explanations.

"Man, what are all y'all looking at? Ain't any of you ever been thankful for Bucky's arm before?" Sam questioned defensively as if it were the most utterly obvious thing in the world.

"Because it makes perfect sense to be thankful for someone else's prosthetic arm," Shuri spoke up from where she was currently seated, sarcasm deeply rooted in every accented word. Okoye simply passed a somewhat disapproving glance in her direction but did not say a word. Shuri raised her hands defensively, and Sam just eyed her with narrowed eyes.

"It does make sense. Look, wouldn't you be thankful if somebody's arm could pop off and you could use it as a literal Wonder Woman bulletproof band?" Sam told them, and Shuri just huffed a little, looking at him as she remained unimpressed.

"You seem to forget that we literally have vibranium, which just happens to be as bulletproof as this comic book character's very much fake braces," Shuri argued, and Sam just scoffed unhappily, shaking his head.

"She just don't get it," Sam complained, and Bucky did not even bother gracing him with a response as he groaned tiredly.

"Okay, look, seriously, guys, let's get back on track," Steve pointed out from where he was seated between Bucky and Carol.

"I guess I'll go now," Steve started, clearing his throat as he prepared to state what he was thankful for.

At Bucky's request, Steve had skipped over him. He only heeded requests for skipping when it legitimately had to do with some manner of trauma or something, and in Bucky's case, he knew it had been.

However, before he could speak, Yelena started loudly clearing her throat. Steve leaned forward a little, trying to look around all of the people as he fought to meet her gaze. Yelena peered from where she was sandwiched between Kate and Natasha, and she scoffed.

"Why does Bucko get a free pass?" Yelena demanded, and Bucky flashed an irritated glare in her general direction. Steve swallowed, trying to explain.

"Because he specifically asked and after reviewing the reasoning, I decided it was acceptable," Steve explained, trying to remain professional and avoid as many details as possible.

"Pfft... Just because he's your boyfriend doesn't mean you can just make excuses for him," Yelena declared, and Steve just sighed deeply. Yelena loved to poke fun at their friendship when she could mostly because she hated Bucky's guts, but he tried not to let the boyfriend comments get to him. After all, she was well-aware that he saw Bucky as a brother.

Carol, of course, did not let the comments get to her either and would actually even join in on Yelena's teasing at any given time if it seemed humorous to her. Carol ultimately chose not to throw in her opinion this time since Steve was floundering a bit already with trying to explain why he had excluded Bucky but had not heeded anyone else's requests to be excluded.