The Road Trip of a Lifetime: Part 7

Summary: When Natasha, Yelena, Kate, Carol, and Darcy all decide to go on a road trip to the beach, things become very chaotic very fast as the girls struggle through spending a large amount of time together in far too close quarters.

   "Look, undoubtedly and obviously, Jason Momoa is hotter than Channing Tatum," Darcy argued, and Kate shook her head.

"No, look. Channing Tatum has got Momoa beat by a mile," Kate argued, and Yelena groaned deeply, not enjoying this conversation in the least since it was about the things that she least liked talking about.

Kate and Darcy had somehow gotten into this debate when they had received some news about one or the other of the actors on their phone. When one of them had made the statement that their chosen actor was the best-looking, they ended up in this ridiculous argument that they were currently having now.

"Momoa looks like a caveman with that huge beard and long hair," Kate pointed out, and Darcy gasped, seeming purely and utterly scandalized.

"He does not!!!" Darcy shot back in pure offense, more than ready to go to bat for her chosen celebrity crush. Natasha shook her head tiredly. This conversation was already starting to wear thin. This group argued almost as much as the boys.

"Look, I don't know who Momo and Taterhead are, but what about Patrick Swayze?" Carol suggested, and both Darcy and Kate looked over at her like she was crazy. Darcy wrinkled her nose a little.

"That guy from Dirty Dancing?" Darcy questioned, and Carol shrugged with a slight grin.

"Yeah. Why not? He's cute," Carol defended, and Kate winced, making a face.

"He's... Not bad. Like... Back forever ago. But even then, I'm more of a John Stamos person if we're talking about old guy actors," Kate pointed out.

"John Stamos was good," Natasha threw in, unable to help agreeing, and Yelena looked at her as if she had been betrayed. Natasha shot her an apologetic glance, knowing that Yelena had been really hoping for the conversation to end soon and that Natasha had likely just added to it.

"I like him, too, but look, it wasn't like I said Lyle Lovett. Patrick was good-looking," Carol argued, and Yelena just sneered a little, utterly disgusted.

"Why are we even talking about this? Little Bishop has her crush on Clinton anyway, so aren't you technically cheating on him by crushing on other guys?" Yelena asked, the words themselves tasting awful on her tongue as she officially put her foot into it. She hated herself for finally participating in something that she despised with every fiber of her being.

Kate went quiet, immediately looking horrified as she glanced over at Carol to see her reaction. Carol caught her gaze and she smirked, winking at the girl.

"Don't worry, kid, I already knew you had a thing for cupid," Carol reassured, and Kate looked somewhere between being relieved and simply more mortified. Yelena turned quickly in her seat, excitement sparkling in her eyes.

"Ooh... That's a good one," Yelena pointed at Carol, complimenting her on her creative nickname for Clint, and Carol grinned, pleased with herself as she shrugged nonchalantly.

"And while we're on the subject, if you're going to have a thing for any Avenger, why'd you pick him? Thor's better anyway. Not that you're allowed to have a crush on him. I've got dibs on him," Darcy announced with a conspiratorial chuckle, and Carol raised an eyebrow.

"Nat, you wanna take this one?" Carol teasingly spoke up, and Natasha sighed, shaking her head.

"No... I think I'm just going to leave that one alone. It's probably best for all of us," Natasha chuckled, and Darcy huffed.