A First Time for Everything: Part 7

Summary: It is finally time. Kate is having the mission to beat all missions-- the one that will determine whether she is ready to become an actual Avenger. However, when comms to the compound go out and enemies manage to get the drop on her, things go awry quickly. It is up to Natasha, Yelena, and Clint with the help of Darcy to find her as they take on the last person that anyone expected to have to face again.

   "So what have you guys figured out so far?" Darcy questioned, eyeing the group tiredly through her glasses. Her hair was mussed, and she was standing there leaning against the table in her pajamas and fluffy slippers.

She was amazingly alert considering the exhaustion weighing deeply in her bones. She had already been up late that night from both research and anticipation for Kate to come home and tell her all about the outcome of her operation. As a result, she had only been asleep for an hour or two when Natasha, Clint, and Yelena had come to her door in the compound.

Despite all that, however, when Natasha had explained that Kate had disappeared, Darcy was immediately up and heading to the lab where she could do research and help them figure things out.

Kate was the best friend that she had since Jane passed, and she was not aiming on leaving her hanging and in the hands of evil. She was determined to help her, and she was not about to let any more time pass than what was necessary before she figured out something to help her.

"We know it has something to do with Bishop Security— her mother's company," Clint explained, and Natasha swallowed, looking to the side as she seemed to be trying to hide how upset she was. Yelena was seated near Natasha, her arms resting against a table as she watched Darcy closely. Clint was sitting down as well on the opposite side of the table, slumped down in his chair as he gave Darcy the rundown.

"Ugh... Eleanor, huh? Lovely."

"Yeah, well, you should've been the one that had to come and interrogate her in prison," Clint told her, and Darcy huffed, raising an eyebrow.

"I imagine that was fun," Darcy pointed out.

"A real hootenanny," Clint sarcastically replied to her, and Darcy raised both eyebrows, watching him as he took in a breath to speak again.

"She says she doesn't know anything about Bronte besides the fact that he used to work with Kingpin back when he was still around, and that he very likely could be doing something for Maya Lopez or Kazi Kazimierczak. Problem with it is that Kazi's dead, and that leaves Maya. Or just Bronte himself," Clint explained, and Darcy squinted a bit.

"And who's Maya again?" Darcy questioned, trying to get the full story. She did not have the first clue who those people were. Kazi and Maya were names that she had heard briefly and not with a lot of context around them or explanation about their identities.

"A girl sort of adopted by Kingpin. The Ronin killed her father, and she swore vengeance. She disappeared after the entire ordeal in NYC when me and Kate split up to fight. Rumor has it that she was the one responsible for his death," Clint explained, and Darcy nodded.

"And Cosmo?" Darcy asked, and Clint looked at her as if she had lost her mind. He slowly shook himself from the confusion, answering her and correcting the name that she had thought of for him.

Natasha looked back at Yelena and Yelena shifted her gaze up to meet that of her sister's. They shared a quiet moment of communication before they redirected their attention to the exchange at hand.

"Kazi. He's a guy that worked for the Tracksuits. He was one of her best friends and she killed him," Clint explained, and Darcy let out a short laugh, the insanity of the statement hitting her.