Oh, I Am Slain! (Dead for a Ducat)

Summary: Honestly, Darcy does not always know how she ends up in the situations that she ends up in. But one thing is for sure... LARPing with Kate Bishop was the last thing that she expected to ever do.

   When Darcy had tracked Kate via FRIDAY's emergency tracking system for the Avengers that triangulated their cell phone coordinates, Darcy herself breaking a ton of rules in utilizing it without true emergency, she had truly not expected to follow Kate and find her doing this of all things.

Throughout last week, Kate had not really had much time to hang out, and Darcy had been busy as well. The both of them had been really wanting to spend time with one another, but their schedules had just not lined up at all.

However, this was all fine until Darcy managed to get some time this week for several days. The first time was in the early afternoon, and she had caught Kate heading out of the compound. She had been confused, but when Kate assured her that she was very busy and had to go to something important, she had been somewhat willing to let it go.

But when Kate had not been able to really tell her what those important things that she had to do actually were, Darcy had quickly grown suspicious. The next day, Kate had left at about the same time, and her excuse had been just as flimsy and unstructured. After the third day of Kate's mysterious disappearances at the same time of day, Darcy was ready to get to the bottom of things.

Which was how she ended up here in Central Park, currently looking upon the most horrifically terrifying battle that she had ever witnessed.

She had managed to get through the fray as best as she could, stepping over bodies. And when she had finally managed to find Kate and get near enough to her, she called out loudly.

"Kate?!"

Kate froze in the midst of stabbing someone, the person falling over with a loud cry, and she gaped at Darcy for a solid minute.

"Darcy?!" Kate yelped, and Darcy looked around the battlefield slowly, taking it all in. Kate sputtered for just a moment before finally speaking up.

"This isn't what it looks like!" Kate cried out desperately, her eyes ridiculously wide. Darcy just furrowed her brow, narrowing her eyes a little as she looked at the insanity taking place around them.

"You broke character!!!" the guy she had freshly killed accused loudly, and Kate jumped out of her skin, looking down at the person and shouting a quick apology.

"Sorry!!!" Kate yelped, and Darcy looked at her uncertainly as Kate cleared her throat and straightened a bit in an attempt to seemingly recollect her sense of character. She then hardened her gaze and pointed the absurd foam sword at Darcy as if it were actually truly threatening. It was well-made, but it was still obvious foam given the slightly blunt end on it.

"This, peasant, is not what it appears!" Kate declared boldly, and Darcy just raised an eyebrow.

"So you're not out here LARPing like all the rest of these fruitcakes?" Darcy asked, and Kate paused for a moment before laughing somewhat nervously.

"Well... It might kind of be what it looks like," Kate admitted. However, just as she uttered her statement, one of the crazies came up behind her with a foam axe. Before Darcy could even make a move to point to them or say anything, Kate turned quickly and stabbed them in the side under their arm. They cried out dramatically and fell to the ground.

Darcy huffed in surprise. Kate was honestly amazingly good at this, and Darcy had not even been there long enough to see her fully in action.

"Wow..."