The Road Trip of a Lifetime: Part 2

Summary: When Natasha, Yelena, Kate, Carol, and Darcy all decide to go on a road trip to the beach, things become very chaotic very fast as the girls struggle through spending a large amount of time together in far too close quarters.

   "Natashka, pull over and dump her out on the side of the road right now," Yelena declared loudly as she pointed at the glasses-clad girl and stared at Natasha.

Darcy just shrugged, completely unbothered by Yelena's statement as she looked over the map that was in her possession. Natasha had handed the map off to Darcy not just because she was a scientist, but also because she was hoping that it might distract Darcy and make her quit starting things with Yelena.

However, it had not worked so far.

"Look, even if you do ditch me, I'll just call Thor, and then he can bring me back to my cats. Which are better than dogs," Darcy declared firmly, and Yelena's eyes went even more wide as she twisted around the seat, straining against the seatbelt.

"NO, THEY'RE NOT!!!" Yelena practically screeched as she started fumbling to unbuckle her seatbelt so she could practically jump into the backseat and fight Darcy. Darcy did not seem too affected in the least by Yelena's readiness to fight.

"Nat, I'll give you a hundred bucks right now if you'll dump Yelena on the side of the road," Carol spoke up from where she was behind Natasha, and the redhead chuckled somewhat tiredly as she rubbed at her head. She was getting extremely tired of this, and they had only been driving for about around three hours, and the trip to the beach they were going to was going to take around two days' time. Natasha figured she could probably shave it down to about a day and a half given her driving skills, but she was still not looking forward to even a day and a half of this mess.

Ever since they set off, Yelena had been arguing with Darcy with Kate trying to mediate and be nice. Carol had been surprisingly quiet except for a few exhausted sighs when the arguing started up anew. Natasha's head was starting to hurt from the entire thing, and she truly wished that Darcy and Yelena would stop pushing each other's buttons. It was starting to get extremely trying of Natasha's patience.

Natasha reached out, putting her arm across Yelena's chest as Yelena got her seatbelt undone, and she pushed back against her, trying to keep her in her seat. Yelena looked over at her quickly, anger burning in her from Darcy's words.

"Calm down."

"Calm down?! She just said cats were better than dogs! I have to defend the honor of dogs everywhere!" Yelena declared, utterly offended, and Kate shook her head as she leaned up a little.

"She didn't technically say that... I mean, she just said that—"

"No, it's okay, Kate. I said what I said," Darcy declared happily, and Kate leaned back into her seat, somewhere between just wanting all the arguing to stop and being on Yelena's side. Over the course of a few seconds as Kate fully absorbed Darcy's statement, she turned to look at the girl with her eyes squinted.

"You said dogs are better than cats? I mean... I get that's your opinion but think of all the dog-lovers in the car... Including me," Kate declared, and Yelena just growled under her breath in wordless support of Kate's statement.

"Hey, look, we're on the same side," Kate pointed out with a wide grin as she realized, and she looked over at Yelena happily. Yelena groaned deeply.

"As much as that disgusts me, at this point, I'll take all the help I can," Yelena begrudgingly admitted, and Kate's smile grew even larger. She then looked over at Carol, trying to decipher if the older woman was on their side. Carol shrugged as Kate's eyes landed on her, and she raised a hand in a placating gesture.