My Funny Valentine

Summary: When mysterious sticky notes start popping up with half-insulting and half-complimentary messages on them, Darcy, Carol, and Kate are quickly suspicious. They go to ask Yelena about it, and she is quick to deny it. However, Natasha knows the truth.

   "Hey, Kate?!" Darcy called, and Kate turned away from where she was talking to Carol to look behind her.

Kate and Carol had been working out in the gym together and practicing, and they were finally working on getting changed and leaving. However, they had gotten lost in conversation.

"Hey, D! What are you up to?" Kate greeted in reply, and Darcy shook her head, starting to open her mouth as she remained explicitly focused on her. Carol knew she was just focused and had a one-track mind, but she still could not resist messing with her a little.

"Hey, Carol," Carol threw in, teasing Darcy since she had not even looked at her once in the midst of whatever in the world that she was so concentrated on.

"Hey, Carol. Kate, did you leave this?" Darcy asked, wasting no time in moving straight on to what she had come in to do. Carol could not help but scoff, grinning a little in spite of herself at Darcy's unique personality.

"What?" Kate asked, confusion in her voice, and Darcy held up something in her hand.

"This note?" Darcy asked, holding it up, and Kate furrowed her brow in confusion.

Carol watched the both of them, not entirely sure what Darcy had going, but figuring she would listen anyway since she was standing right there and looking through her things in the locker that she kept near the training room.

"No...? That's not my handwriting. I mean, mine's bad but not that bad," Kate laughed a little, shrugging as she looked at the note. She furrowed her brow a little as she read it.

"And I wouldn't write that either..."

"What does it say?" Carol asked, leaning over as she looked over Darcy's shoulder, trying to get a glance at what was on the sticky note as she started to extend the hoodie she had gotten from her locker to pull it over her head.

"'To my moderately average friend, roses are red, violets are blue, you smell like poo but somehow I kinda like you, too,'" Darcy read aloud as she turned it to face her. Carol furrowed her brow, reading along before huffing a bit, shrugging as she tugged on her hoodie.

"Huh, sounds like something that a little boy would write," Carol pointed out, and Darcy nodded slowly, not sure what to make of it all.

Carol suddenly paused in the middle of pulling her hoodie on, the thing only reaching down to around her waist, and she pulled an arm in from the sleeve to reach inside the hood part. Carol then popped her head through the hoodie hole. She then moved her hand through the arms, and she inspected what she had found.

It was a note to her as well.

"'Your powers are bold but your aim is lazy, you're one of my true friends but you drive me crazy,'" Carol read, and both of the brunettes looked at her in confusion.

"Who in the world is writing these things? They're sweet and still insulting," Darcy declared, surprise written in her tone as she gaped at the sticky note.

"Yelena?" Kate suggested, furrowing her brow uncertainly.

"That's crazy. She'd never be this nice," Darcy wrote it off instantly, and Carol moved her head uncertainly, personally on the fence about it but thinking it could be a likely answer.